This is a specially formulated water-based serum that is made for many skin types, but mostly for oily skin. It is easy to apply and works to eliminate blemishes and congestion, and it also gives you skin that looks and feels much better.
Read on to find out if The Ordinary Niacinamide Serum is the ideal serum for you and how to use it in your daily skincare routine.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Does the Ordinary Niacinamide Do to Your Skin?
- 2 How to Use the Ordinary Niacinamide the Right Way?
- 3 How Often Should I Use the Ordinary Niacinamide?
- 4 What Should Niacinamide Be Used with?
- 5 What Shouldn't You Mix with the Ordinary Niacinamide?
- 6 How Long Does the Ordinary Niacinamide Take to Work?
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 7.1 Q: Can I use the Ordinary Niacinamide everyday?
- 7.2 Q: Is the Ordinary Niacinamide worth it?
- 7.3 Q: Does Niacinamide reduce pores?
- 7.4 Q: Does Niacinamide help with acne scars?
- 7.5 Q: Is the Ordinary Niacinamide good for acne?
- 7.6 Q: Can I use the Ordinary Niacinamide with hyaluronic acid?
- 7.7 Q: Can I use the Ordinary Niacinamide with vitamin C?
- 7.8 Q: Can I use niacinamide with retinol?
- 7.9 Q: Is niacinamide an exfoliant?
- 7.10 Q: Can I use niacinamide and sunscreen?
- 8 The Bottom Line
What Does the Ordinary Niacinamide Do to Your Skin?
- Increase your skin’s natural ability to regulate its own sebum production while also reducing the appearance of imperfections such as pimples and blemishes.
- Help strengthen the skin’s natural barrier, making it better able to defend itself from environmental irritants.
- Reduce inflammation, which may ease rosacea, and alleviate the redness associated with acne and eczema.
- Correct uneven tone and texture of the skin.
- Help reverse some visible signs of sun damage, such as fine lines and wrinkles.
With regular use, your skin can remain clear and smooth for a very long time, and the treatment is not harsh on your skin at all. It is good to your skin and enables it to be much healthier all the way around.
How to Use the Ordinary Niacinamide the Right Way?
The Ordinary Niacinamide should be used twice a day, in the morning and in the evening. It should be used after you cleanse and tone your skin, but before you use your moisturizer.
All you have to do is pat a thin layer of it onto your face and neck area and wait until it’s fully absorbed. Then, you can follow with your usual moisturizer. You do not rinse off the serum but keep it on after you apply it. You can also apply sunscreen after the treatment if you like.
How Often Should I Use the Ordinary Niacinamide?
At first, it’s recommended that you use the Ordinary Niacinamide only once a week until you see what it does to your skin. While side effects are rare and usually minor, they do occur.
What Should Niacinamide Be Used with?
Vitamin C and acid treatments should not be used with any product containing niacinamide. That being said, these ingredients can be used on days when your niacinamide treatment isn’t being used.
You can use niacinamide with many other skincare products, but make sure you read the instructions that come with each of these products so that you don’t accidentally mix the wrong ingredients. Most skincare products can be used together, but not always at the same time.
What Shouldn't You Mix with the Ordinary Niacinamide?
If you want to use one of these ingredients in your skincare routine, simply use them on the days you are not using your niacinamide treatment.
How Long Does the Ordinary Niacinamide Take to Work?
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use the Ordinary Niacinamide everyday?
Q: Is the Ordinary Niacinamide worth it?
Q: Does Niacinamide reduce pores?
Q: Does Niacinamide help with acne scars?
Q: Is the Ordinary Niacinamide good for acne?
A: Yes, it is. In fact, this is one of the main benefits of using this product. The Ordinary Niacinamide serum also includes zinc, which aids in the removal of acne-causing bacteria from the skin and the regulation of oil production.
Q: Can I use the Ordinary Niacinamide with hyaluronic acid?
Q: Can I use the Ordinary Niacinamide with vitamin C?
A: While both niacinamide and vitamin C work wonders with the skin, it is not recommended that these two products be used together. This is because niacinamide can actually minimize the effects of vitamin C on your skin.
Q: Can I use niacinamide with retinol?
Q: Is niacinamide an exfoliant?
A: No, niacinamide is not an exfoliant. Its main purpose is to get rid of blemishes and spots on the skin and to reduce the amount of oil so that your skin isn’t nearly as oily.
Q: Can I use niacinamide and sunscreen?
A: Not only can you use both niacinamide and sunscreen, but it is recommended that you do so. Occasionally, niacinamide will make your skin more sensitive to the UV rays of the sun, so using it before applying sunscreen takes care of that problem.
The Bottom Line
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% serum is very effective at getting rid of blemishes and oiliness so that your skin is less oily and a lot smoother. It is an inexpensive treatment that is easy to use and delivers great results.
If you’re unhappy with the texture or oiliness of your skin, the Ordinary Niacinamide treatment could be for you. Simply use it twice a day and you’ll notice a difference almost right away.
Hi, it’s Judy!