High frequency for hair growth continues to grow in popularity as more and more people explore new ways to improve their appearance. It claims to offer several benefits, including increased blood circulation, improved cellular metabolism, and the stimulation of hair follicles. Some people also believe that high frequency can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, improve skin texture, and even treat acne. But does high frequency for hair growth work? If it does, is it effective and safe? Continue reading to find out.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is High-Frequency Treatment For Hair?
- 2 Benefits of High-Frequency Treatment
- 3 How Does High-Frequency Help Hair Growth?
- 4 What Happens During The Procedure?
- 5 How Often Should You Use High Frequency For Hair Growth?
- 6 What Are The Side Effects of High Frequency For Hair Growth?
- 7 High Frequency For Hair Growth At Home
- 8 High-Frequency Contraindications
- 9 What Are Some Treatment Alternatives?
- 10 FAQs
- 11 Conclusion
What Is High-Frequency Treatment For Hair?
High-frequency treatment is a cosmetic procedure that uses electrical energy to stimulate the cells in your skin. It’s an intensive hair therapy for treating hair loss, dandruff, hair thinning, and alopecia.
A technician will hold a wand that emits low-current and high-frequency electrical energy during a high-frequency treatment. This wand will be placed on your scalp, and the electrical energy will travel through the wand and into your scalp. The electrical energy will then stimulate the hair follicles, which can improve blood circulation, help to reduce inflammation and promote hair growth.
Benefits of High-Frequency Treatment
High-frequency treatment is a noninvasive, safe, and effective way to improve the appearance of your hair. It can also help to:
- By initiating molecular friction, the high-frequency treatment produces local subcutaneous tissue heating, which increases blood circulation and oxygenation.
- The treatment also helps to stimulate hair growth and improve the overall condition of the scalp.
- It can also help reduce scalp inflammation and dandruff by normalizing sebum production, and improving cell turnover rate.
- According to a 2016 study, high-frequency treatment can also help treat alopecia by promoting hair growth.
How Does High-Frequency Help Hair Growth?
High-frequency treatment relies on energy transfer to heat. When one undergoes the therapy, the high-frequency current causes rapid and repeated molecular structure oscillations within the tissue. This process of molecular movement creates friction and heat, which stimulates blood flow and helps improve circulation. Stimulating blood flow allows more nutrients and oxygen to the hair follicles, which is essential for healthy hair growth.
The molecular movements allow improved blood circulation and the delivery of more nutrients to hair follicles. The heat generated from the high-frequency current helps to stimulate hair growth. The treatment can also help repair damaged hair follicles and improve the structure of the hair shaft. The therapy can also be used to treat alopecia by promoting hair growth.
What Happens During The Procedure?
High-frequency treatment is a non-invasive and painless procedure. During the treatment, a handheld device emits high-frequency waves and low-current that penetrate the scalp. The waves generate heat, which is then transferred to the hair follicles. The heat helps to improve circulation and stimulate hair growth.
The treatment is usually done in a series of sessions, and the number of sessions will depend on the severity of hair loss.
How Often Should You Use High Frequency For Hair Growth?
If you want to use high-frequency therapy for hair growth, it is recommended that you use it two to three times per week. However, start slowly, using it once per week and gradually increasing the frequency as your hair becomes more accustomed to the treatment.
Overuse of high-frequency therapy can lead to scalp irritation. Use it as directed and listen to your body. If you experience discomfort, discontinue use and consult with a doctor.
What Are The Side Effects of High Frequency For Hair Growth?
High frequency for hair growth is known to be safe and noninvasive. However, certain side effects can be experienced. The most common side effects are:
- Dryness of the scalp
- Scalp redness and flaking
- Burning sensation
If these side effects are experienced, discontinue use immediately and consult a doctor.
High Frequency For Hair Growth At Home
The technology has become increasingly available for at-home use, with many devices on the market claiming to offer the same benefits as in-office treatments. However, at-home devices are often not as powerful as professional devices and may not offer the same results.
If you are looking to use high-frequency therapy for hair growth at home, there are a few things you need to keep in mind:
- Choose a device that is specifically designed for hair growth.
- Start slowly. When using a high-frequency device for the first time, start slowly and increase the intensity as your hair becomes more accustomed to the treatment.
- Follow the instructions. Please read the instructions that come with your device and follow them carefully to ensure you’re using the device safely and effectively.
Although high-frequency therapy is generally safe and well-tolerated, there are a few contraindications to be aware of. These include:
- Pacemakers or other electrical implants
- Active cancer
- Recent surgery
If you have any concerns about whether high-frequency therapy is right for you, speak with your doctor or licensed esthetician first.
What Are Some Treatment Alternatives?
There are a few options to consider if you are looking for alternative hair loss treatments. These include:
- Low-level light therapy (LLLT) uses lasers or LEDs to stimulate hair growth.
- Microneedling: This treatment involves using a microneedling device to create tiny punctures in the scalp. This can help to stimulate hair growth.
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP): The treatment involves injecting platelets from your blood into your scalp.
- Hair transplantation: This is a surgical procedure in which hair is removed from one area of the scalp and transplanted to another.
- Hair growth serums: Hair serums and sprays like Vegamour, Rogaine, and Bondi Boost have proven ingredients that can help reverse hair loss and keep hair looking full and healthy.
How long does it take to see results from high-frequency?
Results from high-frequency therapy can be seen as soon as a few weeks after treatment is started. However, it may take several months to see the full effects of the therapy.
Can I use high-frequency every day?
No, high-frequency therapy should not be used every day. This can lead to scalp irritation. Instead, it is recommended to use high-frequency therapy two to three times per week.
What happens if you use high-frequency too much?
If high-frequency therapy is used too frequently, it can lead to scalp irritation or even tissue damage, worsening hair loss and itching.
Can radio frequency stimulate hair growth?
Does vibration on the scalp help hair growth?
Yes, vibration on the scalp can help to stimulate hair growth. This therapy can help increase blood flow and promote the release of growth factors.
High-frequency therapy is a safe and effective treatment for hair loss. It helps to stimulate hair growth and can be used at home. It’s important to start slowly and increase the intensity as your hair becomes more accustomed to the treatment. Overuse of high-frequency therapy can lead to scalp irritation. When high-frequency treating yourself at home, ensure you read the instructions that come with your device and follow them carefully.
Hi, it’s Judy!