In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about Yellow LED Light Therapy, including its benefits for the skin, and how it can help treat rosacea and redness.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is Rosacea?
- 2 What Causes Rosacea?
- 3 How Does Yellow LED Light Therapy Work For Rosacea and Redness?
- 4 Benefits of Yellow Led Light Therapy
- 5 At-home Yellow LED Light Therapy For Rosacea And Redness
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
- 6.1 What Does Yellow LED Light Therapy Do?
- 6.2 Is Yellow LED Light Safe?
- 6.3 Can Rosacea Go Away On Its Own?
- 6.4 What Diet Advice Is There For Rosacea Sufferers?
- 6.5 How to Prevent Rosacea Flare-Ups?
- 6.6 Does Hydration Help Rosacea?
- 6.7 Does Coffee Trigger Rosacea?
- 6.8 Can Massage Help Rosacea?
- 6.9 Do Alternative Therapies Work For Rosacea?
- 7 Bottom Line
What Is Rosacea?
- Rosacea is extremely common – according to MedicineNet, it affects about 16 million people in the US alone, and around 45 million globally.
- Rosacea occurs on the face, it may appear on your nose, cheeks, chin, or forehead.
- It makes your face look red, it makes blood vessels more prominent, and it can cause small, sometimes pus-filled, pimples and bumps on your skin.
- It can also make your nose look red and actually make it bigger as the skin of and around your nose thickens.
- It can give you itchy, painful, dry eyes as your eyelids become swollen.
- It affects all kinds of people and all kinds of skin, but is mainly seen in women over thirty who have fair skin.
- Rosacea can sometimes be mistakenly assumed to be skin sensitivity, sunburn, flushed cheeks, or acne.
- It can come on suddenly, often in middle age.
- It’s not the result of bad hygiene or not taking good care of your skin – it’s not your fault!
Let’s just say here and now that rosacea is not life-threatening, but neither is it a minor condition because it tends to worsen over time if not treated adequately.
If you read on, you’ll find some helpful information for combatting rosacea.
What Causes Rosacea?
Some of the likely risk factors include:
- Having family members who have this condition.
- Having fair skin.
- Being a female over thirty.
- Emotional factors such as stress, embarrassment, anxiety, and fear.
- Some foods and beverages such as spicy foods, alcohol, and hot drinks.
- Environmental factors such as changes in the weather, sun exposure, or humidity.
- Certain medications, such as some blood pressure drugs, anxiety drugs, and topical steroids.
- Certain skincare products.
- Smoking cigarettes.
- Exercise, hot baths, and saunas.
How Does Yellow LED Light Therapy Work For Rosacea and Redness?
It’s a pleasant, pain-free experience, and usually lasts around ten to fifteen minutes. It can also help boost the immune system and help with associated conditions like acne.
Yellow LED Light Therapy has the advantage of being drug-free and safe. In addition, yellow therapy sessions are suitable for all skin types, including sensitive and reactive skin types.
Benefits of Yellow Led Light Therapy
- Reduces rosacea, redness, and soothes inflammation.
- Stimulates blood circulation.
- Speeds up wound healing and skin repair.
- Improves lymphatic drainage, which detoxifies and hydrates the skin.
- Reverses sun damage.
- Rejuvenates the skin.
- Drug-free, non-invasive, safe, and painless.
At-home Yellow LED Light Therapy For Rosacea And Redness
If you are interested in purchasing a LED light therapy device, check out our article that outlines the best LED light therapy home devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Does Yellow LED Light Therapy Do?
Is Yellow LED Light Safe?
Can Rosacea Go Away On Its Own?
What Diet Advice Is There For Rosacea Sufferers?
Some people do notice that particular foods and beverages, for example, spicy foods and alcohol, are associated with flare-ups. Obviously, if this applies to you, then avoid those foods.
These foods include fiber-rich food (prebiotics), such as bananas, garlic, and whole grains; and probiotics, including yogurt.
You might find that some supplements, such as omega-3 fatty acids and zinc, are helpful, and it’s a good idea to raise this subject with your dermatologist.
How to Prevent Rosacea Flare-Ups?
As rosacea’s causes are unknown, it would be really helpful to make some lifestyle changes to manage your rosacea and avoid triggers.
Here are some lifestyle changes to help your rosacea:
- Always protect your skin from UV rays and the sun.
- Eat a healthy rosacea-friendly diet.
- Control your stress and anxiety.
- Avoid overheating by avoiding exposure to sources of heat, and drinking hot beverages. Keep your body cool while exercising.
- Avoid medications that trigger rosacea such as topical steroids.
- Use only rosacea-friendly skincare and hair care
- Protect your face during cold weather.
Does Hydration Help Rosacea?
Yes of course! Drinking plenty of water every day is a great health idea, and it can only help your skin.
Although water is not enough to treat rosacea, it can assist in reducing redness.
Does Coffee Trigger Rosacea?
Can Massage Help Rosacea?
Do Alternative Therapies Work For Rosacea?
Hi, it’s Judy!