Skin exfoliation is one of the most significant steps when it comes to our beauty regime as it helps prevent a wide range of skin problems. Given the fact that we move from one environment to another, the chances are high that our skin might be exposed to different types of elements. Moreover, the skin naturally sheds dead skin cells for the purpose of creating more room for new cells to grow. To this end, using an ultrasonic skin scrubber is one of the most powerful steps that you should incorporate into your skincare routine.
In this article, we will entirely focus on the ultrasonic skin scrubber, exploring its benefits as well as its side effects.
Table of Contents
What is an Ultrasonic Skin Scrubber?
Ultrasonic skin scrubber comes in a variety of brands that are currently available in the market. It normally has over 30,000 Hz vibrations which help remove impurities from your skin pores, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and allow for deeper penetration of all your skincare products.
How Does Ultrasonic Skin Scrubber Work?
Ultrasonic skin scrubber works through ultrasonic vibrations (around 30.000 vibrations per second) that penetrate deep into the pores to gently exfoliate the skin and buff away dead skin cells, oil, and impurities to achieve a visibly clearer, smoother, and glowing complexion.
It also help increase the absorption of skincare products. The ultrasonic spatula is safe, easy to use, and non-abrasive.
How to Use an Ultrasonic Skin Scrubber At Home?
- Wash your face – The first step is to wash your face using your regular daily routine thoroughly. Dry your face after the wash.
- Power on the device – Turn on the ultrasonic skin scrubber by pressing the “ON” button and then select the appropriate setting for exfoliating, as per manufacturers’ instructions. We recommend using the cleaning feature first as it clears your pores.
- Glide the device on your skin – Hold the ultrasonic face spatula at a thirty-degree angle to your face. While applying light pressure, let the spatula glide gently along your skin. As you glide the spatula, the ultrasonic vibrations will penetrate deep into your skin pores, breaking up dead skin cells, oil, dirt, blackheads, and debris.
- Apply serums – Once you are done, cleansing and exfoliating, partly dry your face and apply your regular skincare creams and serums evenly across the face.
- Turn – Turn the ultrasonic face spatula on the flat side and gently go over the areas where the skincare products were applied until they are completely absorbed, this process is called sonophoresis.
How Often Can I Use Ultrasonic Scrubber?
There aren’t specific rules on how often you should use the ultrasonic scrubber, however, experts recommend the use of the skin spatula two to three times a week for oily and non-sensitive skin, and once to two times a week for dry and sensitive skin, with the main intention to make it routinely so as to realize the best results.
Benefits of Ultrasonic Skin Scrubbers
Now that we’ve gone through some of the basic things to be aware of when you are looking to incorporate some ultrasonic facials in your routine, It is also important that we look at some of the benefits that come with it which are inclusive of:
Makes Your Skin Much Healthier
Ultrasonic facials help remove dead cells thus creating room for a new skin, which makes your skin healthy.
Boosts Blood Circulation
Treats Blackheads and Acne Marks
Ultrasonic Skin Scrubber Contraindications
In as much as the ultrasonic skin facial is effective when it comes to the health of your skin, it might reach a point when you have to withhold the treatment due to several reasons and thus contraindications.
- The presence of seizures
- Circulation disorders
- Severe or acute skin infections
- Cancer patients
- Diabetic patients
- Blood disorder
- Heart conditions
- Nursing or pregnancy
- Dilated capillaries
- Tumor and the postoperative period; just to mention but a few
Hi, it’s Judy!