Tatcha is a San Francisco-based brand inspired by skincare lines in Japan. It’s known for its effective products, beautiful packaging, and state-of-the-art ingredients.
Unfortunately, Tatcha isn’t available everywhere and can be a little out of some budgets. Fortunately, these best Tatcha water cream dupes fit the bill perfectly for your skin.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is A Water Cream?
- 2 Tatcha Water Cream Review
- 3 Tatcha Water Cream Dupe Reviews
- 3.1 Vichy Aqualia Thermal Mineral Water Gel Moisturizer for Face
- 3.2 Belif the True Cream Aqua Bomb Moisturizer
- 3.3 boscia Cactus Water Moisturizer
- 3.4 Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Water Gel Daily Face Moisturizer
- 3.5 Purito Deep Sea Pure Water Cream
- 3.6 MAKEP:REM Hydrate me Micro Tension Moisturizing Hydration Cream
- 3.7 Dr.Jart+ Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
- 5 Conclusion
What Is A Water Cream?
Water creams are very light moisturizers that won’t clog pores but still give you long-lasting hydration. As their name suggests, water creams don’t have oil bases but water bases and typically come in gel form.
They tend to absorb quickly into your skin, leaving it hydrated but not bogged down with the product.
Tatcha Water Cream Review
Tatcha Water Cream gets its potency from a host of botanicals. It’s hydrating without being greasy and uses Japanese Wild Rose to tighten your skin and promote cell regeneration.
This cream is also an excellent corporate citizen, focusing on philanthropic giving through the Room to Read charity, supporting girls’ education in Asia and Africa.
Tatcha Water Cream is best for people who want to shrink their pores and have more luminous-looking skin without added weight.
- Minimizes the appearance of pores
- Charitable good corporate citizen
- All-natural ingredients
- More expensive
- The jar isn’t filled to the top
Tatcha Water Cream Dupe Reviews
If you love Tatcha Water Cream but can’t afford the investment or get the product near you, these dupes will do the trick!
Vichy Aqualia Thermal Mineral Water Gel Moisturizer for Face
Best Overall Water Cream
This gel moisturizer is full of hyaluronic acid and glycerin, which prompt cell turnover and collagen production. One key thing that sets this option apart from the pack is that you can use it in the morning and at night. It’s not only super hydrating, it fortifies the skin’s barrier to help protect your complexion from external irritants and pollutants.
Vichy Aqualia Thermal Mineral Water Gel Moisturizer is great for people who want an all-in-one water cream that they can use day or night.
- Formulated with Hyaluronic Acid and Vichy’s mineralizing thermal water
- You can use it day or night
- Super hydrating
- Active ingredients promote skin health
- Suitable for normal, dry, dehydrated, combination, and sensitive skin types
- It is scented, which can be off-putting
- It’s not suitable for skin conditions like eczema
Belif the True Cream Aqua Bomb Moisturizer
Best Water Cream for Oily Skin
Unlike most water creams on our list, Belif the True Cream Aqua Bomb comes in a cream form, not gel. Still, it goes on lightweight and will give you hours of moisturization. In addition, it’s good for oily or combination skin and will not clog your pores.
It’s great for people who want serious moisturizing but are worried about clogging their pores.
- Specifically designed for oily/combination skin
- Great for dullness, large pores, uneven texture, dryness
- Contains ceramides and glycerin
- Very light and hydrating
- Will not exacerbate skin conditions such as rosacea
- On the pricier side
boscia Cactus Water Moisturizer
Best Water Cream for Dry Skin
The stand-out ingredient of boscia Cactus Water Moisturizer is aloe vera, which soothes the skin and provides a good barrier between you and the environment. It’s gentle enough to use anytime, and it works perfectly well under makeup.
It also contains “Queen of the Night” Cactus Succulent, a plant known for its rejuvenating and nourishing properties that helps address dry skin; and a Peptide Complex that helps wrinkle smoothing and prevents and repairs skin damage.
It’s great for people who want hydration and skin-soothing ingredients in their water cream.
- Active ingredients soothe your skin
- It goes on well under makeup
- Contains natural ingredients
- Fast absorbing and lightweight
- It’s tough enough to moisturize during the winter months
- Suitable for dry, thirsty skin
- Slightly higher price point
- The packaging is thick, so you get less than you think
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Water Gel Daily Face Moisturizer
Best Drugstore Water Cream
This drugstore favorite gives you a lot of the benefits of Tatcha Water Cream without the price tag!
It’s full of hyaluronic acid, and the gel-based formula goes on smoothly without clogging your pores. With repeated use, you’ll find that your skin is more supple and plumper.
It’s great for people who want an excellent water cream without spending a ton of money.
- Quality product with drugstore prices
- Contains hyaluronic acid
- You’ll notice a difference with repeated use
- Specially formulated for dry skin
- Lightweight and non-comedogenic
- It is fragranced
- People with skin conditions like eczema or rosacea might experience irritation
- Formulated with fewer ingredients than the other tatcha dupes
Purito Deep Sea Pure Water Cream
Best Korean Water Cream
Purito Deep Sea Pure Water Cream is an effective dupe for Tatcha Water Cream. It’s an excellent product for devotees of Korean beauty products and can help plump your skin and minimize pores.
Like Tatcha Water Cream, it goes on smooth and will not clog your pores.
It’s great for people who want smooth, plump skin.
- Lightweight formula won’t clog your pores
- A little goes a long way
- Contains deep seawater and niacinamide
- Suitable for all skin types
- It contains essential oils that might interact with sensitive skin
- It might not be available everywhere
MAKEP:REM Hydrate me Micro Tension Moisturizing Hydration Cream
Best Water Cream for Mature Skin
This natural hydrating cream is a great dupe. It’s made with natural ingredients and goes on smoothly without leaving any sticky residue. It’s great for sensitive skin, contains hyaluronic acid for collagen promotion, and gives you long-lasting hydration.
It’s great for people with sensitive skin who prefer all-natural products.
- Suitable for just about every skin type
- It goes on smoothly with no residue
- Long-lasting formula
- It might not be suitable for skin conditions like eczema
- It has a scent that some might find too heavy
Dr.Jart+ Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer
Best Water Cream for Dull Skin
Dr. Jart is a legacy brand in Korean beauty, and its products are always on-point, practical, and reasonably priced. Dr. Jart’s Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer is absolutely no exception. It’s perfect for all skin types and totally sulfate and paraben-free. It’s also built to last a long time.
It’s great for people who love K-Beauty and want an excellent daytime water-based moisturizer.
- Sulfate and paraben-free
- Legacy brand
- The tube lasts a long time
- Also great for dullness and uneven skin tone
- Suitable for all skin types
- Those with active acne may see additional breakouts
Frequently Asked Questions
Water-based creams and gels are some of the hottest items in the beauty world today. If you’re thinking about incorporating them into your routine, these FAQs will help you make the most of your investment.
How Does Water Cream Feel?
Oil-based creams often go on heavier, but water creams are designed to be light. Most of them come in gel form, and even those with a creamier consistency tend to melt when they hit your skin. The result is that you don’t have any stickiness or heaviness after you apply.
With a good water cream, you won’t even feel like you have anything on your skin. The water creams are lightweight enough to layer with serums, primers, makeup, and sunscreen.
What Are The Common Active Ingredients in Water Creams?
All water creams and gels are different, but many of them contain hyaluronic acid. This powerful ingredient naturally occurs in our skin and is highly effective for promoting cell regeneration. Many water creams and gels also contain different vitamins and peptides designed to plump up the skin.
Are Water Creams Better Than Heavier Creams?
Yes and no. Heavy creams certainly have a place in our skincare routine. A lot of people use heavy creams or even overnight masks in the evening. Heavy creams can infuse our skin with nutrients and pack in plenty of moisture. But, on the other hand, they can also weigh us down.
Since your skin needs to breathe, water creams are a great option for the daytime. It won’t clog your pores, but it will still give you all of that moisture that your skin needs. Additionally, some water creams and gels act like a barrier between you and the environment, protecting your skin.
If you routinely wear makeup during the day, water creams can keep your pores from clogging up. Putting makeup on top of heavy cream is a big no-no because it suffocates your pores. Water creams and gels let you have the best of all worlds.
When Should I Use a Water Cream In My Morning Routine?
Use your water cream as the last step in your beauty routine. First, clean your face. Then apply your toner and any serums that you might use. If you use an eye cream during the day, apply it at this point. Finally, you’ll want to finish with your water cream.
Can I Use a Water Cream at Night?
You can certainly use a water cream at night, and if you have oily skin, this might be a good option for you. However, if you’re using a water cream at night, make sure that you make it the last step in your routine, just as you would for your morning routine.
You might want to use a heavier face cream or a night mask from time to time. Alternating your skincare products is a good way to address different skin concerns and ensure that your skin is as healthy as possible.
Tatcha Water Cream is one of the top products on the market right now, and it does wonders for your skin. However, there are plenty of other water creams and gels that can accomplish the same objectives. If you can’t access Tatcha Water Cream, or if it’s a little out of your budget, try these dupes.
Ultimately, getting a water cream into your skincare regimen will help your skin stay hydrated without clogging your pores. It’s a great investment. Try a water cream today. You’ll certainly fall in love.
Hi, it’s Judy!