Table of Contents
- 1 What Causes Stretch Marks On the Stomach?
- 2 How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks on the Stomach
- 3 How to Prevent Stretch Marks on the Stomach During Pregnancy
- 4 Conclusion: Stretch Marks on Stomach
What Causes Stretch Marks On the Stomach?
- Many women find that they get many of their stretch marks during pregnancy. The skin stretches within nine months (and usually during the end of that nine months the most) to make a lot of room for that new baby.
The growth of the baby along with the stretching and tugging can easily cause stretch marks, even with proper weight control and using other methods to prevent them.
- Rapid gain or loss in weight: Some people experience these stretch marks when they quickly lose or gain weight. If you have gained a lot of weight recently or even lost a lot of weight recently, then this may be the cause of your stretch marks.
- Corticosteroid creams, pills, and lotions can cause these marks in some cases. These are known to decrease the ability of the skin to stretch so when it does need to stretch, that will be a problem.
- Adrenal gland disorders: There are a number of these that will be able to increase the amount of cortisol in the body and will cause some more stretch marks for you.
How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks on the Stomach
Stretch Mark Removal Creams
Vitamin A or Retinoids
Vitamin A or Retinoids are a good option to use. This is a type of cream that you can use to help provide some more smoothness and nutrients to the stretch marks and can make the skin look a lot better.
Note, however, that these creams can irritate the skin. If you are pregnant, it is best to avoid this type of treatment option because it could have some adverse effects on your baby.
During this procedure, laser beams will be concentrated to help encourage the new growth. While it isn’t necessarily able to get rid of all the stretch marks, it will help to make them smoother so their appearance is less.
Two main types of lasers are used including ablative and non-ablative. The ablative lasers will treat the marks by destroying the top of the skin, revealing newer, smoother skin. The non-ablative will target more of the underlying parts of the skin instead.
How to Prevent Stretch Marks on the Stomach During Pregnancy
Massage With Oils
Control Your Weight
Eat a Healthy Diet
Conclusion: Stretch Marks on Stomach
Hi, it’s Judy!