Olay Collagen Peptide 24 vs Regenerist Micro-Sculpting are different skincare creams. They improve the skin’s appearance by making it soft and supple. But because both have unique benefits, deciding on the right one can be quite hard. Thankfully, we have written this comparison to simplify things for you.
Choosing a moisturizer can be challenging since the market has a variety of products. From lotions, creams, and ointments, it’s not easy to decide which is suitable for you. Brand is undoubtedly one of the things that will help you know which product to buy. But even that alone isn’t enough because brands have a line of products. Today, we look at two of the best creams from Olay. Read on to learn more about their differences.
Table of Contents
- 1 About Olay
- 2 Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream
- 3 Olay Regenerist Collagen Peptide 24 Face Moisturizer
- 4 Olay Collagen Peptide 24 vs Regenerist Micro-Sculpting
- 5 FAQs - Olay Collagen Peptide 24 vs Regenerist Micro-Sculpting
- 6 Final Thoughts: Olay Collagen Peptide 24 vs Regenerist Micro-Sculpting
Olay is a skincare company based in America, even though it originated from South Africa. It was started in 1952 by Graham Wulff, a chemist in Durban. The main ingredient used by this company was “lanolin,” which is a pink fluid stored in a heavy glass bottle.
The company then expanded its market to the Philippines, India, and German-speaking companies in the following years. But today, it is labelled among the best companies selling skincare products worldwide. They use different ingredients in their products, but the main ones are niacinamide, glycerin, amino peptides, retinyl propionate, and broad-spectrum sunscreen.
Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream
It is a lightweight anti-aging moisturizer with a velvety matte finish. It comes in a red jar and is ideal for normal, combination or mature skin. The moisturizer is soft and fluffy and refreshes the skin whenever it is used. It quickly dries up, and thus can be used as a primer before applying makeup.
The ingredients in this product are what make it effective. It contains;
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3): It is an anti-inflammatory ingredient that strengthens the skin barrier while brightening it. It also increases cell turnover in the skin.
- Hyaluronic acid: Many skincare products use this ingredient to help attract and retain moisture to the skin. The acid maintains the skin cells’ normal water level while plumping the skin.
- Amino peptide: It’s a peptide made of amino acids that helps build cells. By so doing, the skin remains smooth and firm. The specific peptide in this product is Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4.
- Glycerin: Since it’s a humectant, it helps with moisture retention. The ingredient is a natural moisturizer and protects the skin barrier. It can be used on any skin type, even acne-prone.
- Carob Fruit Extract: Carob seeds help regenerate skin cells. When combined with peptides, they help soften and renew the skin.
- Panthenol (vitamin B5): It’s a humectant that keeps the skin moisturized while keeping its barrier healthy.
- Tocopheryl acetate: It is a form of vitamin E that helps protect the skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
Olay Micro-Sculpting cream is a part of the Regenerist product line the company offers. It is a best-selling lightweight cream designed to diminish fine lines and wrinkles, while also hydrating the skin and improving elasticity. It has a medium-weight texture, so it is best applied during the night. The company has the fragrance-free option of this cream, and it can be used for all age groups. It is solid, affordable, and easily accessible.
- It has a medium-weight texture, but doesn’t make the skin feel greasy.
- Extremely hydrating.
- It helps in pore reduction.
- Firms the skin, and reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- You can buy the fragrance-free option.
- It might take a few minutes to fully absorb into the skin.
- It has parabens.
- The jar needs some improvement.
Olay Regenerist Collagen Peptide 24 Face Moisturizer
The cream is also part of the Regenerist family. The velvety emollients inside make this moisturizer lightweight. So, it is easily absorbed without leaving a greasy or sticky feeling. It is suitable for all skin types. The cream combines collagen peptides with other powerful ingredients to nourish your skin. With consistent use, you will achieve soft and smooth skin.
The issue with Olay is that almost all ingredients are similar in all products. But what makes the collagen peptide line unique is that it includes “collagen peptide.” However, the other ingredients are also in their other products. Nevertheless, here are the ingredients in this formula;
- Palmitoyl pentapeptide-4: This a matrikine-type collagen peptide. It signals the cells and, by doing so, regulates their activity. The peptide increases collagen and elastin production. It also helps make the skin firmer.
- Niacinamide: This ingredient is found in nearly all Olay moisturizers. Niacinamide offers various benefits for the skin. According to the Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, it can repair the skin barrier while hydrating it. Additionally, it can help with hyperpigmentation, inflammation, and wrinkling.
- Glycerin and panthenol: These are humectants that help attract moisture to the skin and retain it.
Overall, this is an excellent anti-aging moisturizer with hydrating properties. It can be used on all skin types to alleviate most skin conditions. The product is affordable, and you can easily find it online or in your local stores. The inclusion of collagen peptides is among the reasons to try it. If you use it consistently, it can make your skin firmer.
- You can choose a fragrance-free option.
- It’s budget-friendly.
- Includes powerful ingredients.
- Doesn’t contain parabens, phthalates or synthetic dyes.
- Not cruelty-free.
- A bit pricey.
Olay Collagen Peptide 24 vs Regenerist Micro-Sculpting
Well, both products have their pros and cons. So, when deciding which one is suitable for you, we advise you to consider your skin type. Olay Collagen Peptide 24 is ideal for all skin types. But people with combination, mature and normal skin will benefit from Regenerist micro-sculpting.
Both formulas are hydrating, moisturizing, anti-aging, and gentle on the skin. However, Olay Regenerist micro-sculpting is supercharged with powerful anti-aging ingredients. So, it is a better option if your goal is to make your skin firmer and tighter. In addition, this cream was the most sold anti-aging face product in the United States in 2018, accounting for 8.7 percent of sales.
FAQs - Olay Collagen Peptide 24 vs Regenerist Micro-Sculpting
Does Olay Collagen Peptide 24 Help with Wrinkles?
Yes. The cream contains niacinamide, which is a powerful ingredient in fighting wrinkles. Also, the collagen peptide makes your skin firm, and it works with other ingredients to help you achieve soft, supple skin.
Is Collagen Peptide or Retinol Better?
Both these products are great, so it depends on what you are treating. If you want to hydrate and brighten the skin, collagen peptide is suitable. But if you are dealing with dark spots and pores, Olay Retinol will work best for you.
Which Olay Product is Best for Mature Skin?
Olay has various products for mature skin. The best ones are Olay Collagen Peptide 24, Olay Retinol 24, Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting, and Olay Total Effects. These products use niacinamide and other ingredients to reduce wrinkles, fine lines, and aging while hydrating and moisturizing the skin. Ultimately, they will give you soft, smooth, and youthful skin with consistent use.
Which Olay is best for the eyes?
Is Olay Cruelty-Free?
Unfortunately, this company isn’t cruelty-free. It conducts tests on animals as it’s owned by Procter & Gamble. It also distributes its products in China where animal testing is a legal requirement.
Is Olay Vegan?
No. Some of Olay’s products are suitable for vegans since they don’t have ingredients derived from animals. However, it is not an entirely vegan brand.
Final Thoughts: Olay Collagen Peptide 24 vs Regenerist Micro-Sculpting
Whether you choose Olay Micro Sculpting cream or Olay Collagen Peptide 24 moisturizer, you will benefit from proven, powerful ingredients such as niacinamide and peptides.
Both creams offer amazing benefits to the skin. They are lightweight formulations that refresh the skin while improving fine lines and wrinkles appearance. The only difference is that Olay Micro Sculpting cream is more known for its quick and amazing results when it comes to fighting signs of aging. So, if this is your goal, you should opt for it. Otherwise, Regenerist Collagen Peptide 24 is effective as well.
Hi, it’s Judy!