The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toning Solution is a mild, non-irritating exfoliating toner. Featuring Glycolic Acid, this solution provides mild exfoliation to enhance radiance and restore clarity. It’s also enhanced with a Tasmanian Pepperberry derivative that helps ease irritation linked with acid use. It also contains aloe vera to soothe you, making it an ideal product to gently refine and smooth your skin’s texture. Continue reading for more information on how to use The ordinary glycolic acid toning solution:
Table of Contents
- 1 A Quick Look
- 2 Benefits of The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toning solution
- 3 How to Use The Ordinary 7% Glycolic Acid Toning Solution?
- 4 What to Use After The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner?
- 5 What Skin Type Is The Ordinary Glycolic Acid For?
- 6 How Often Should You Use It?
- 7 When to Use The Ordinary Glycolic Acid?
- 8 What Can You Not Mix With Ordinary Glycolic Acid?
- 9 Side Effects
- 10 Frequently Asked Questions
- 10.1 Can I use the ordinary glycolic Acid after the ordinary peeling solution?
- 10.2 Can I use the Ordinary Glycolic Acid every day?
- 10.3 Can you use Granactive retinoid with Glycolic Acid?
- 10.4 Can you use the ordinary niacinamide with Glycolic Acid?
- 10.5 Can I use the ordinary buffet with Glycolic Acid?
- 10.6 Can I use It with retinol?
- 10.7 Does Glycolic Acid make your skin sun-sensitive?
- 10.8 Is the ordinary toner safe for sensitive skin?
A Quick Look
Product Type: Toning solution
Key ingredients: Glycolic Acid (exfoliant), Tasmanian Berry extract (antioxidant), Ginseng Root Extract, and Aloe Vera (soothing).
Key benefits: Pigmentation, dryness, dullness, signs of aging, and uneven skin tone and texture.
Safety: Use as directed on unbroken skin.
Benefits of The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toning solution
The Ordinary Glycolic Acid is a gentle yet effective toner that provides visible clarity to the skin while improving texture. Its key benefits include:
- Exfoliates the skin.
- Improves skin texture.
- Brightens the skin and combats dullness.
- Targets uneven skin tone and dark spots.
- Targets signs of aging.
- Contains 7% AHAs, which is good for consistent use.
- Contains ingredients to reduce irritation.
- It has an optimal PH.
- The formula is free of added fragrance and alcohol.
Note that Glycolic Acid is an Alpha Hydroxy Acid, which means that it exfoliates the top layer of the skin. If you have clogged pores and need a deeper exfoliation, consider using Salicylic Acid (BHA) instead.
How to Use The Ordinary 7% Glycolic Acid Toning Solution?
After cleaning your skin, saturate a cotton pad with the Ordinary 7% Glycolic Acid Toning Solution and gently sweep across the neck and face. Apply toner in a circular motion to your face and neck.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Patch test the toner before use. If irritation occurs, stop using it and seek medical attention if necessary.
- Avoid applying it on peeling, sensitive or damaged
- Apply it in a gentle circular motion to the face and neck.
- Massage until the formula is completely absorbed.
- Do not rinse off shortly after applying, leave it on overnight.
- Use it in the evening, no more than once per day.
- You can use it with other skin treatment products as needed.
- Avoid the eye contour area. If contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water. If eye irritation persists, seek medical advice immediately.
- Do not accept or use the formula if its safety seal is broken or missing.
- Store at room temperature; do not freeze or expose to direct sunlight or heat.
- Glycolic acid can make your skin more sensitive to the sun, so always use sunscreen when you go out.
What to Use After The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner?
You can follow this product up with your usual serums and moisturizer. However, it is important to remember that you should not use it in conjunction with direct acids or peptides.
What Skin Type Is The Ordinary Glycolic Acid For?
It is a mild exfoliator that can be used on all skin types, including normal, dry, combination, and oily.
How Often Should You Use It?
The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toning Solution is a gentle exfoliator that can be used no more frequently than once per day.
When to Use The Ordinary Glycolic Acid?
This toner can be used daily to improve the appearance of skin texture and reduce the look of dullness. However, while you can use it at any time of the day, it is best to apply it before bedtime.
What Can You Not Mix With Ordinary Glycolic Acid?
Avoid using this toner with other strong acids, peptides, or any potentially irritating ingredient like retinol and vitamin C. Anytime you’re unsure whether to layer actives, take the basic route and use the products separately.
There are no known side effects of The Ordinary Glycolic Acid. If irritation occurs, discontinue use immediately and consult a doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the ordinary glycolic Acid after the ordinary peeling solution?
Can I use the Ordinary Glycolic Acid every day?
It’s important to note that the Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toning Solution is a mild exfoliating solution that doesn’t need to be used every day.
Can you use Granactive retinoid with Glycolic Acid?
Can you use the ordinary niacinamide with Glycolic Acid?
Can I use the ordinary buffet with Glycolic Acid?
Can I use It with retinol?
Glycolic Acid should not be used in conjunction with retinol, as it can irritate the skin.
Does Glycolic Acid make your skin sun-sensitive?
It is a mild exfoliator and can be used during the day. However, this product contains alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that can enhance your skin’s sensitivity to the sun. Therefore, we recommend using sunscreen if you’re going to be in the sun for a long time. Furthermore, while using the product, consider wearing protective clothing and avoiding excessive sun exposure.
Is the ordinary toner safe for sensitive skin?
Hi, it’s Judy!