The Ordinary Buffet Serum is one of the skincare brand’s most popular serums, especially for beginners. It works to improve multiple signs of aging across all skin types, including lines and spots. In addition, it hydrates, smoothes, and brightens. Here, we’re going to cover how to use The Ordinary Buffet Serum and whether it might be the right skincare solution for your routine.
Table of Contents
- 1 A Quick Look
- 2 What Does The Ordinary Buffet Do?
- 3 Main Ingredients
- 4 How to Use The Ordinary Buffet Serum the Right Way?
- 5 When Should I Use The Ordinary Buffet?
- 6 What Ingredients Can You Combine With The Ordinary Buffet?
- 7 How Long Does The Ordinary Buffet Take to Work?
- 8 The Ordinary Buffet vs The Ordinary Buffet Copper Peptides
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9.1 How Often Should I Use The Ordinary Buffet?
- 9.2 Can I Use The Ordinary Buffet With Niacinamide?
- 9.3 Can I Use The Ordinary Buffet With Vitamin C?
- 9.4 Can I Use The Ordinary Buffet With Retinol?
- 9.5 Can I Use Buffet With Hyaluronic Acid?
- 9.6 Is The Ordinary Buffet Good for Acne?
- 9.7 Does The Ordinary Buffet Help With Wrinkles?
- 9.8 Is The Ordinary Buffet Safe During Pregnancy?
- 9.9 Is The Ordinary Buffet Good for Sensitive Skin?
- 9.10 Does The Ordinary Buffet Cause Sun Sensitivity?
- 10 The Takeaway
A Quick Look
- Product Type: Multi-technology peptide serum.
- Skin Types: This product is suitable for all skin types.
- Key Benefits: Combats multiple signs of aging.
- Safety: Paraben-free, phthalate-free, fragrance-free, gluten-free, alcohol-free, oil-free, nut-free, and vegan.
What Does The Ordinary Buffet Do?
The Ordinary Buffet works to combat multiple different signs of aging. The multi-peptide serum contains an array of skincare ingredients to offer an effective and efficient anti-aging solution.
- Evens Your Skin Tone: Buffet works to fade dark spots caused by aging and sun exposure, leaving your skin looking brighter and smoother. It also reduces inflammation to prevent redness and puffiness around the face.
- Reduces Visible Lines and Wrinkles: Various peptide complexes help to strengthen and protect the skin, reducing the appearance of even well-established wrinkles over time. Buffet also smooths and plumps the skin around fine lines for more immediate results.
- Keeps Skin Hydrated: Ingredients such as hyaluronic acid keep skin hydrated while also strengthening its protective barrier, preventing moisture loss, and helping to protect against free radicals.
- Promotes Elasticity: One of the top reasons our skin begins to show visible signs of aging is a loss of elasticity with time. As collagen breaks down, we start to see sagging, wrinkles, and more. The Ordinary Buffet helps your skin retain its youthful elasticity by promoting collagen and elastin production.
- Glycerin: Our skin loses moisture more easily as we age, leading to dryness and even fine lines. Glycerin helps to create a protective barrier that locks in hydration.
- Matrixyl 3000 Peptide Complex: This peptide complex boosts collagen production to help firm up skin and repair damage.
- Matrixyl Synthe-6 Peptide Complex: It replenishes facial collagen, as well as other essential rebuilding and repair compounds.
- Syn-Ake Peptide Complex: This specialized peptide complex quickly reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by relaxing facial muscles and restoring skin elasticity.
- Argirelox Peptide Complex: This peptide complex helps to treat existing wrinkles and prevent future ones from forming by blocking unnecessary muscle contractions (botox effect).
- Relistase Peptide Complex: This peptide chain works to restore elasticity by boosting collagen production, leading to firmer and smoother skin.
- Amino Acids: As the building blocks of proteins, amino acids are crucial to healthy skin. They help to repair and restore the skin while strengthening the skin barrier.
- Probiotics: Contain good bacteria that help balance and restore your skin barrier, while preventing inflammation.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic acid is one of the best moisturizing agents you can find in skincare products, strengthening the hydration barrier for plump, smooth skin.
How to Use The Ordinary Buffet Serum the Right Way?
Pat or massage a few drops of Buffet into the face, neck, and decolletage. Note that it may take a few minutes for the serum to sink into your skin.
When Should I Use The Ordinary Buffet?
What Ingredients Can You Combine With The Ordinary Buffet?
You can safely combine The Ordinary Buffet with plenty of other products to make the most of your skincare routine. Ingredients that are safe to use alongside the Buffet serum include:
How Long Does The Ordinary Buffet Take to Work?
However, most skincare experts recommend that you wait three months to determine if a new routine is working. Some products force the skin to go through a purging period before showing any improvements.
The Ordinary Buffet vs The Ordinary Buffet Copper Peptides
If you want an even stronger version of the Buffet serum, The Ordinary Buffet with Copper Peptides contains 1% copper to help improve overall skin health while targeting signs of aging.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you still have questions about how to use The Ordinary Buffet serum, we’ve got you covered. Check out the frequently asked questions below.
How Often Should I Use The Ordinary Buffet?
If you want to see results, you should use The Ordinary Buffet twice daily. Include it in both your morning and evening skincare routine.
Can I Use The Ordinary Buffet With Niacinamide?
You can safely combine The Ordinary Buffet with niacinamide serums in your daily routine. Before you use niacinamide products, you should apply the Buffet serum first and let it sink in for a few hours.
Can I Use The Ordinary Buffet With Vitamin C?
While direct vitamin C can cause irritation when used with Buffet, a serum containing vitamin C derivatives can actually improve your skincare routine. It helps treat hyperpigmentation around the face and reduces the appearance of dark spots.
Can I Use The Ordinary Buffet With Retinol?
Can I Use Buffet With Hyaluronic Acid?
It’s perfectly safe to use The Buffet serum alongside hyaluronic acid. Doing so can be especially beneficial for people with dry skin, as it helps to strengthen the moisture barrier.
Is The Ordinary Buffet Good for Acne?
Does The Ordinary Buffet Help With Wrinkles?
Yes, The Ordinary Buffet works to tackle multiple signs of aging, including fine lines and wrinkles.
Is The Ordinary Buffet Safe During Pregnancy?
You should be safe to use The Buffet serum throughout the duration of your pregnancy without any issues. As with any skincare product, though, it’s best to check with your doctor before adding it to your regimen.
Is The Ordinary Buffet Good for Sensitive Skin?
The Ordinary Buffet uses gentle, non-irritating ingredients considered safe for all skin types. It’s often a better anti-aging choice for people with sensitive skin than harsh retinol products.
Does The Ordinary Buffet Cause Sun Sensitivity?
Unlike retinol-based anti-aging products, The Ordinary Buffet does not cause sun sensitivity. However, you should still use sun protection when leaving the house to protect your skin against fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots.
The Ordinary Buffet serum offers a gentle yet effective anti-aging solution for almost any skin type. It’s a great all-around skincare solution that combats everything from lines and wrinkles to dark spots.
You can easily add The Ordinary Buffet serum to your existing skincare routine for younger, more supple-looking skin. Just remember to consider other ingredients and check for any conflicts when combining the serum with other ingredients.
Hi, it’s Judy!