Silicone face-washing brushes have long been a favorite for millions of women, in part because they do such a great job of cleaning deep down into the pores thanks to the sonic pulsations they emit.
Some of the benefits of using a silicone brush include:
- Ultra-hygienic (very resistant to bacteria).
- Deeply cleanse the skin.
- Boost blood circulation and collagen production; they work also as anti-aging devices.
- Gentle and super-soft.
- Help maximize skin care product absorption.
- Long-lasting and durable (they do not need head replacements).
The FOREO Luna is a hand-held brush that not only cleanses your skin thoroughly but also massages the facial muscles so that your skin glows when you’re finished. FOREO Luna has a wide range of facial brushes to suit different budgets and needs, the most popular models include:
- Foreo Luna 3
- Foreo Luna 2
- Foreo Luna mini
- Foreo Luna fofo
While Luna 3 and Luna 2 come in different models to suit different skin types, Luna mini and Luna fofo are available in one model (suitable for all skin types). All the models from Foreo Luna use ultra-hygienic, soft, FDA-graded premium silicone ridges that make using them feel good on your skin. They also come with different speed intensities.
For the sake of this comparison review, we are going to be looking at Foreo Luna 3, the most recent model in the FOREO Luna line.
Key Features & Specifications
Some of the most significant features of the FOREO Luna 3 include:
- Removes dirt, oil, and grime in just one minute.
- Is completely waterproof.
- Comes with 16-speed intensities.
- Offers 8,000 T-Sonic pulsations per minute.
- Has an anti-aging mode (Backside of the device).
- Can provide up to 650 cleanses off of just one charge.
- Has soft and long silicone ridges that are comfortable and glide easily over the skin.
- Improves the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Available for normal, combination, and oily skin types.
Some of the many advantages that the FOREO Luna 3 silicone brush offers include:
- Can improve the absorption of other skincare products.
- Gives you a more even-looking complexion by refining and unifying your skin tone.
- Features an anti-aging mode, which helps smooth out wrinkles and fine lines.
- Provides you with glowing results that before now, you could only get at a high-class spa.
- Is available in three different models for different skin types.
All products will have some complaints from customers, and the FOREO Luna 3 is no different. While the product has a 4.5-star rating on Amazon, some of the disadvantages of the product include:
- Some complaints that the app doesn’t always work properly.
- There are some complaints about bad customer service.
- Some claims that people couldn’t register their devices because they were told it was “already registered”.
- Some claims that people couldn’t get the charger to work.
Review of PMD Clean
PMD Clean is a long-handled silicone brush whose purpose is to deep-clean the skin and to massage the facial muscles in order to produce anti-aging results. It is a smart device that operates with 7000 vibrations per minute so that it gets deep within your pores to remove dirt, grime, oil, and makeup.
The brush is available in colors such as pink, berry, navy, lime, and rose, among others, and it’s affordable for almost everyone.
PMD Clean is the most popular PMD sonic cleansing device made by PMD, but PMD has released other great models as well, including PMD Clean Pro, and PMD Clean Pro Gemstone.
Key Features & Specifications
The brush is also waterproof, which means that you can use it in the shower, as well as odor-resistant, antibacterial, and hypoallergenic.
Some of the main features of the PMD Clean include:
- Uses 7000 vibrations per minute.
- Comes with four modes, two cleansing modes, and two anti-aging modes.
- It relies on an AAA battery for power.
- Comes with a silicone bristles side for cleansing, and a smoother side (backside) for anti-aging.
- It has a handle that allows you to comfortably and effectively maneuver the device around your face.
- Is available in 10 different colors.
Some of the biggest advantages of choosing this amazing skincare device include:
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, large pores, and blackheads.
- Is antibacterial, waterproof, and hypo-allergic.
- Has an ergonomic design.
- Is so gentle that it can be used every day.
- Breaks down dirt and oil within the pores for an extra-deep clean.
- Can be used to apply moisturizers and serums to your skin (using the anti-aging side).
- Suitable for all skin types.
While this product does have a 4.5-star rating on sites such as Amazon, below are a few disadvantages that customers have mentioned in their reviews:
- Some people have complained that it feels harsh on their skin.
- Some people feel that it is not worth the money they spent on it.
- There are some complaints about the battery compartment rusting and rendering the device useless.
- There are some complaints that it stopped working shortly after purchasing it.
- Some have complained that it malfunctions frequently.
FOREO Luna vs. PMD Clean - How Do They Compare?
When you look at the statistics of FOREO Luna vs. PMD Clean facial brush, it’s obvious that they are both high-quality devices that do a great job of deep cleaning and massaging your face. That being said, if you’re curious about how the two devices compare, consider the following:
Ways that the devices are similar
Both the FOREO Luna and PMD Clean brushes do two things: deep clean the pores of your skin to remove dirt and grime, and massage the muscles in your face for a glowing look that makes you look and feel much younger. that makes you look and feel much younger.
They both use silicone bristles and can be operated smartly, meaning without any cords getting in the way. They are both handheld and easy to use, and you can use both of them on a daily basis.
Ways that the devices are different
The FOREO Luna and PMD Clean brushes are different in two main ways. First, the FOREO Luna 3 costs almost double the price of the PMD Clean brush. If you’re on a budget, this is something to consider. But other Foreo Luna models, such as the Foreo Luna mini, come with a similar price as the PMD Clean.
Second, the two brushes differ in their treatment of different skin types, although it is not a big difference or an inconvenient one. The PMD Clean is designed for all skin types, and it has different modes you can set to accommodate your cleansing needs, while the FOREO Luna brush comes in different versions that each accommodates only one skin type. This is not necessarily a challenge, but it is something to think about.
Another difference is this: The FOREO Luna is small and round, while the PMD Clean has a handle on it. The FOREO Luna also has an app that you can download to make it easier to use, while the PMD Clean does not. These things don’t necessarily make one better than the other, but again, it’s something to keep in mind while you’re researching the two silicone brushes.
Summary: FOREO Luna vs. PMD Clean - Which Is Better?
Determining which of these brushes is better is subjective, but remember that, overall, the best silicone facial brush for you is the one that suits your particular needs, skin type, and budget. Also, keep in mind that price alone should not be used to make your final decision.
Hi, it’s Judy!