Table of Contents
- 1 What Causes Blackheads?
- 2 How Does Microdermabrasion Work?
- 3 How Does Microdermabrasion Help Get Rid Of Blackheads?
- 4 What Are The Other Benefits Of Microdermabrasion?
- 5 How Often Can Microdermabrasion Be Carried Out?
- 6 At-home Microdermabrasion Kits
- 7 What are The Side Effects of Microdermabrasion?
- 8 What are The Factors That Increase The Chance of Developing Blackheads?
- 9 How Can Blackheads Be Prevented?
- 10 Conclusion
What Causes Blackheads?
How Does Microdermabrasion Work?
How Does Microdermabrasion Help Get Rid Of Blackheads?
What Are The Other Benefits Of Microdermabrasion?
- It can help with other skin issues such as light scarring and stretch marks.
- It can also be used to create an even skin tone and is very effective at reducing the damaging effects of the sun on the skin.
- Microdermabrasion can also reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles which will give the skin a more youthful look.
- It can reduce the size of your pores which makes them less noticeable.
The benefits of microdermabrasion can usually be seen immediately after the first treatment has taken place.
How Often Can Microdermabrasion Be Carried Out?
At-home Microdermabrasion Kits
The one downside of professional microdermabrasion is of course the cost in terms of both time and money. Fortunately, there are now incredible microdermabrasion kits that can be easily used at-home. These are pretty affordable and quite effective.
At-home kits may not be as strong as the professional ones, but you can use them more frequently and get nearly the same results.
What are The Side Effects of Microdermabrasion?
What are The Factors That Increase The Chance of Developing Blackheads?
- A significant production of sebum.
- A hormonal change, causing an increase in the activity of sebaceous glands, especially during menstruation, adolescence and when taking the contraceptive pills.
- Certain medications, such as corticosteroids, lithium or androgenic steroids.
- Irritation of hair follicles due to the accumulation of dead skin.
- If you work in a location where there is a lot of pollution, humidity; and grease, this can also lead to the appearance of blackheads.
How Can Blackheads Be Prevented?
- Wash your skin with a cleanser that has a neutral PH. This will help to discourage your pores from producing more oil.
- Drink plenty of water. If your skin is hydrated then it is less likely to produce large amounts of oil.
- Always remove makeup before bed. If it is left overnight then it is more likely to sink into your pores and cause them to become clogged.
Exfoliate your skin at least twice a week to help remove the dead skin cells which can block your pores.
- Regular exfoliation can dry your skin out so be sure to moisturize your skin often so that it does not become too inflamed.
Hi, it’s Judy!