Table of Contents
- 1 How Effective is DermaPen (Microneedling Pen) for Hair Loss?
- 2 What Needle Depth is best for Hair Loss?
- 3 How to Use DermaPen for Hair Growth & How often?
- 4 How Many Sessions Are Required to See Results?
- 5 What Should You Apply to Your Scalp After Microneedling?
- 6 DermaPen Aftercare Tips
- 7 At-home vs. Professional Microneedling
- 8 Does Dermapen Work For Alopecia Areata?
- 9 Takeaway
How Effective is DermaPen (Microneedling Pen) for Hair Loss?
As much as microneedling is used as an anti-aging skin treatment, it’s also an excellent method for treating hair loss. The similar process of creating skin wounds is also thought to initiate the regeneration of healthy hair follicles. This can result in new hair growth and even thicken thinning hair.
What Needle Depth is best for Hair Loss?
How to Use DermaPen for Hair Growth & How often?
- Prepare your kit: a dermapen, 70% Isopropyl Alcohol, cotton pads, a numbing cream.
- Comb your hair before starting using a wide-toothed brush to form a flat surface.
- Optionally, you can use a topical numbing cream 30 minutes before the procedure to help reduce pain during the session; divide the hair into sections, apply a layer of your numbing cream and massage it into the scalp.
- After removing the numbing cream, disinfect the area to be treated using an alcohol-soaked cotton pad.
- Adjust the settings of your dermapen (needle depth and speed).
- On dry hair, start gliding your dermapen on the area to be treated – glide the device horizontally then vertically and then diagonally gently and firmly (two or five times in each direction, until a mild erythema is noticed), and remember to lift the dermapen before every pass.
How Many Sessions Are Required to See Results?
What Should You Apply to Your Scalp After Microneedling?
DermaPen Aftercare Tips
- Avoid scrubbing the treated areas at least 4 hours after the treatment.
- Avoid direct high heat, such as from the sun, blow dryer, very hot shower, or steam room after the treatment.
- Apply a topical antibiotic like Rogaine after treatment to maximize the results.
- Don’t shave on the day of the treatment to avoid skin irritation.
- Avoid blood-thinning products a week before the treatment.
- Avoid activities that make you sweat.
- Don’t take anti-inflammatory medications.
- Drink plenty of water.
At-home vs. Professional Microneedling
Does Dermapen Work For Alopecia Areata?
Hi, it’s Judy!