At one time, the only way to get excellent hair removal was to go to an expensive spa or salon, but that is no longer the case. At-home wax warmers for hair removal are all the rage, and you might be surprised by how well most of them work.
Wax warmers have come a long way since they were first invented. The most recent models generally have adjustable heat settings, feature a digital temperature control display, are very easy to clean, and come with safety features such as an automatic shut-off mode.
If you’ve always been curious about these amazing devices but weren’t sure about exploring them further, you’ve come to the right place. Below is a list of the best wax warmers for hair removal you can use at home, as well as all you need to know about them so you can easily decide which one is the right one for you.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Wax Warmers for Hair Removal
- 1.1 Best Overall: KoluaWax Waxing Kit Digital Wax Warmer
- 1.2 Best Professional: SATIN SMOOTH Professional Double Wax Warmer
- 1.3 Best User-Friendly: GiGi Multi-Purpose Hair Removal Wax Warmer Kit
- 1.4 Best Complete Package: Bella Verde Wax Warmer
- 1.5 Best Compact: Clean + Easy Personal Roll-On Waxer Kit Set
- 1.6 Best for Coarse Hair: GiGi Brazilian Hair Removal Waxing Kit
- 2 How to Choose the Best Wax Warmer
- 3 How to Use a Wax Warmer?
- 4 Benefits of Using a Wax Warmer for Hair Removal
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 6 Conclusion
Best Wax Warmers for Hair Removal
Best Overall: KoluaWax Waxing Kit Digital Wax Warmer
This wax warmer includes everything you need to get started: a heat control knob, an LED display, 20 wax applicator sticks, and 4 packages of hard wax beads, which is enough to keep you hair-free for a very long time.
It allows you to see the wax melting thanks to the see-through lid, and the digital LED temperature display lets you know what’s going on at all times. The wax warmer itself is a blush-pink color, and it also comes with a silicone bowl and a free guide.
Even better, it’s perfect for bikini waxes, including Brazilian waxes, as well as waxes for facial hair, body hair, and eyebrow area. You get everything you need to start using the wax warmer immediately, and it works on all hair types, from coarse hair to very fine hair, and everything in between.
- Complete package that includes everything you need to get started
- Comes with 20 applicators and 4 hard wax beads bags, and is therefore long-lasting
- Works on all types of hair
- It removes hair from all parts of your body and leaves you with smooth skin
- Has an LED temperature display for convenience
- Comes with two bottles of oil, one pre-wax oil for hair-softening, and a calming post-wax oil
- Elegant design
- Some claim the hair wasn’t removed as well as they’d hoped
- Some disliked the smell of the wax
Best Professional: SATIN SMOOTH Professional Double Wax Warmer
If you want something for either personal or professional use, the Satin Smooth Professional Double Wax Warmer is the one you need. It heats up quickly and is lightweight at just 2.5 lbs.
Plus, it has two warmers and can therefore accommodate both hard and soft wax if that’s what you want. Each warming pot has the potential to heat a volume of up to 16 oz. The warmer itself is made out of high-quality materials and not inexpensive plastic, and there is even a cover on the “on” button to prevent it from getting sticky.
The warmer is good for all hair types and has low, medium, and high heat settings to accommodate all users.
- Heats up quickly
- Has two warmers to accommodate two different types of wax
- Comes with a thermostat to maintain a consistent temperature throughout the day
- Each warming well has an independent on/off control
- Works on all hair types
- Can melt different types of waxes
- Very easy to use
- Can be a bit pricey for some people
- Some claim the empty pots are difficult to remove
Best User-Friendly: GiGi Multi-Purpose Hair Removal Wax Warmer Kit
This lightweight, 1-lb. wax warmer is made specifically for hard wax and is very reasonably priced. It has a see-through cover and is very user-friendly, even for people who have never before used a wax warmer for hair removal.
GiGi Multi-Purpose Hair Removal Wax Warmer is compact and therefore easily transported from one location to another, and it heats the wax evenly and efficiently every time. The light indicator lets you know what’s going on at all times, and it always provides you with professional results. This is an easy-to-use unit that does what it promises to do, all at a fair price that anyone can afford.
- Lightweight and compact
- Very affordable
- Very user-friendly
- It melts hard wax in under 30 minutes
- Comes with a temperature control knob
- Some claim it takes too long for the wax to melt
- Some complained that the wax got too hot
Best Complete Package: Bella Verde Wax Warmer
One of the things you’ll like best about this Bella Verde kit is the digital touchscreen display, which allows you to personalize your experience regardless of the type of wax you decide to use.
The LED display makes it easy to see the temperature at all times, and it even comes with five bags of wax for you to get started. It is good for the face, legs, arms, and bikini areas, and it works on all types of skin – including sensitive skin.
You get products for both before and aftercare, and there is never any mess or crumbs to make using it a hassle. It is also very affordable and nontoxic, so you can use it safely. The translucent cover allows you to see the melting wax, and it has a vent to prevent overheating.
- Comes with everything you need to get started immediately
- Features a digital touchscreen display
- Comes with 20 applicators and 5 hard wax beads bags
- Comes with a translucent cover and a vent to avoid overheating
- Works on all skin types, including sensitive skin
- Never messy
- Some claim it takes too long to get the wax to melt
Best Compact: Clean + Easy Personal Roll-On Waxer Kit Set
This dual warmer comes with a roll-on cartridge that you use to simply rub onto the skin before taking special strips to remove the hair strands. Clean + Easy Personal Roll-On Waxer is a kit that contains everything you need to start using it immediately, and it heats the wax evenly every time.
The compact size makes it perfect when you’re traveling, and because of the way it is designed to be used, there is no need for any sticks because the roll-on cartridge does the work for you. In fact, it is so efficient that it can cut the time you spend removing hair in half.
- Very efficient and easy to use
- Compact and good for travel
- Has a small roller head, a large roller head, and 15 non-woven strips
- Comes with two wax refills
- Great for treating smaller body areas like the face and underarms
- Has everything you need to use it immediately
- Some claim the refills don’t fit
- Some complained the roll-on device clogged easily
Best for Coarse Hair: GiGi Brazilian Hair Removal Waxing Kit
Made for all skin and hair types, GiGi Brazilian Hair Removal Waxing Kit comes with everything you need to begin your waxing session immediately.
The kit includes Brazilian hard wax, which effectively removes coarse hairs while being gentle on delicate areas. It also includes adjustable temperature control and light indicators.
This unit provides you with professional results at a fraction of the price, and it even comes with before- and after-care products to keep your skin feeling good. The wax contains soy and olive oil to soothe the skin, and it’s good for the face, arms, legs, back, and bikini areas. Even coarse hair is no problem for this product, and it is not very expensive, either.
- Uses oils to keep skin comfortable
- Comes with Brazilian hard wax
- Made for all skin and hair types, including sensitive areas
- Includes adjustable temperature control and light indicators
- Comes with before- and after-care products
- Affordable price
- Some complained the wax was too sticky
- Some claim it left their skin irritated
How to Choose the Best Wax Warmer
While hair wax warmers have a lot of the same features, there are many differences as well. When you’re shopping for the best wax warmer, pay attention to the following features:
- Temperature control: it should be adjustable and come with an automatic shut-off feature.
- Safety features: make sure the lid is see-through and fits tightly so that no bacteria gets inside of the unit.
- Ease of transport and size: look at how much counter space it takes up and how easy it is to move from one area to another.
- Heating speed: the ideal wax warmer will melt the wax in 30 minutes or less.
- Size: look at the size of the warmer and make sure it’s convenient for you.
How to Use a Wax Warmer?
Wax warmers are easy to use. While the hair removal is done differently with each unit, heating the wax is usually the same from one warmer to another. Simply turn on the wax machine to the hottest temperature, then pour in the wax before turning the temperature down some. Usually, it melts better and faster when it’s on some type of medium heat.
Before you use the strips to remove the hair, make sure you put a thin, even layer of wax onto the skin. If you’re not sure when the wax is ready to be used, wait until it is the consistency of honey.
Benefits of Using a Wax Warmer for Hair Removal
- It is safe for sensitive areas.
- It can save you a lot of money.
- Can keep hair away for up to three weeks.
- There is less of a chance to get ingrown hair.
- It is less painful than you think!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is a wax warmer worth it?
A: A wax warmer is worth it because it pulls the hair out by the roots, which means the hair takes longer to grow back. This also means that you can go long periods of time before you have to wax again.
Q: Are wax warmers safe to use?
A: Wax warmers are safe as long as the brand is reputable and as long as you always use them according to the manufacturers’ directions.
Q: How long will my wax warmer last?
A: If taken care of properly, your wax warmer should last for many years to come. The exact number of years will vary with each brand.
Q: How to clean your wax warmer?
A: To clean your warmer, turn up the heat so the hardened wax melts completely. Then, let it cool down quite a bit and use a paper towel or tissue to wipe up the wax before throwing the paper towel away.
Wax warmers for hair removal are easy to use and a lot more efficient than you think. The best thing to do if you’re looking for one of these devices is to research the brand and the customer reviews so that you can have confidence in the one that you end up buying.
Hi, it’s Judy!