- Hydrates skin and increases moisture retention, thus preventing it from producing excess sebum.
- Prevents free-radical damage.
- Protects the skin from UV damage.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Brightens the skin.
- Decreases fine lines and wrinkles.
- Minimizes discoloration and dark spots.
- Improves skin texture.
- Vitamin C form- either L- Ascorbic acid or any other fast-absorbing form.
- The concentration of the Vitamin C- high enough to be potent but not too high to cause irritation.
- pH levels- 3.5 or lower for optimal absorption.
- Formulation- other active ingredients that are beneficial.
- Water-based form.
Table of Contents
Best Vitamin C Serums for Oily Skin
Obagi Medical Professional- C Serum 20%
We love this serum, although it’s a little bit pricey, but it’s worth every penny.
- Contains L- Ascorbic Acid, a potent component which is at a high concentration and stable.
- Fast-acting and gives results earlier.
- Effective in fading hyperpigmentation and preventing damage.
- Stimulates the production of collagen and elastin.
- Extra beneficial ingredients.
- Good smell.
- Recommended by dermatologists.
Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum
The Mario Badescu brand has been around since 1967, and its products are some of the most popular in the beauty industry.
- Great packaging which prevents oxidation and allows ease of use.
- Delivers results within weeks to a couple of months.
- It is water-based and light which allows easy absorption.
- Contains natural ingredients, for instance, aloe vera gel, ginger and lavender.
- Gives great value for money.
Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% The Ordinary
- Lightweight serum.
- Feels pleasant on the skin.
- No drying of the skin as it is alcohol-free.
- Excellent packaging that is easy to use.
- Affordable pricing.
- Not so potent.
- It is a bit sticky on your skin.
iS Clinical Pro-Heal Serum Advance+
It is one of the best Vitamin C Serums for oily skin as it contains the potent L- Ascorbic Acid. It also contains Zinc sulfate, which together with Vitamin C act as powerful anti-inflammatory components. Other key ingredients are Vitamin A, which boosts the production of collagen, Vitamin E, which is potent antioxidant and olive leaf extract.
- Very soothing to the skin.
- Has a smoothing effect.
- More brightening.
- Fast-acting with results showing up in weeks.
- Has several other ingredients that are great for the skin.
Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
- Has a moisturizing ingredient which prevents drying.
- Comfortable on the skin during the day.
- Great value for money.
- Amazing packaging.
- Efficient in its antioxidant and anti-aging effect.
Hi, it’s Judy!