Table of Contents
- 1 Best Gradual Self-Tanning Lotions for Beginners
- 1.1 Bondi Sands Everyday Gradual Tanning Milk
- 1.2 St. Tropez Gradual Tan Moisturizer
- 1.3 VITA LIBERATA Advanced Organics Fabulous Self-Tanning Gradual Lotion
- 1.4 Tan-Luxe The Gradual Illuminating Tanning Lotion
- 1.5 L'Oréal Paris Sublime Bronze Gradual Tan
- 1.6 Beauty by Earth Self Tanner
- 1.7 ELEMIS Total Glow Bronzing Body Gradual Tan Moisturizer
- 2 How to Apply Gradual Tanning Lotion
- 3 FAQ About Gradual Self-Tanning Lotions
- 4 Conclusion: Best Gradual Self-Tanning Lotions
Best Gradual Self-Tanning Lotions for Beginners
Bondi Sands Everyday Gradual Tanning Milk
- You can see results in just one to three applications.
- Moisturizes the skin for 24 hours after application.
- Glides on very smooth and easy to apply.
- Provides amazing results.
- Suitable for all skin tones.
- Smells great (cocoa butter).
- Some complaints it didn’t work for them.
St. Tropez Gradual Tan Moisturizer
- You only have to use it for a few hours to see a difference.
- Doesn’t streak and is easy to apply.
- Contains aloe vera and glycerin.
- Comes in a pleasant mood-boosting fragrance.
- Comes in two shades, Light/Medium, and Medium/Dark.
- Delivers a subtle, warm, natural-looking skin tone.
- Some complaints about it being thick and heavy.
VITA LIBERATA Advanced Organics Fabulous Self-Tanning Gradual Lotion
- Easy to apply and feels good on the skin.
- Very hydrating and keeps skin soft.
- Provides you with a very natural-looking tan.
- Formulated with certified organic botanicals.
- Provides 72 hours of hydration.
- Some claim the product just didn’t work.
Tan-Luxe The Gradual Illuminating Tanning Lotion
- Has a great texture and feels good on the skin.
- Produces a realistic color every time.
- Easy to apply and fast-acting.
- Suitable for the face and body.
- Also reduces the appearance of cellulite.
- Suitable for beginners.
- Has a pleasant smell.
- Some claim the product was too runny.
L'Oréal Paris Sublime Bronze Gradual Tan
Made by one of the best beauty product companies, this bronze gradual tan is easy to apply and looks completely natural once it’s set. This is a new and improved formula that works to instantly illuminate your skin and give it a sun-kissed look that is golden brown in color.
In fact, L’Oréal Paris Sublime Bronze Gradual Tan is such a good product that it looks just like your skin does when it gets a tan naturally. It doesn’t streak or clog on the skin, but instead leaves it looking just like your natural tanned skin.
- Instantly illuminates your skin.
- Gives your skin a very natural tanned look.
- New and improved formula that works even better than before.
- Easy to use, spreads well, and does not cause streaks.
- Some claim the product has a fake tan smell.
Beauty by Earth Self Tanner
- Made with aloe vera and organic shea butter to moisturize the skin.
- Works gradually so it looks more natural.
- Gives a nice gradual glow without streaks or blotches.
- Vegan and cruelty-free.
- Some complaints about it smelling bad.
- It takes a while to dry.
ELEMIS Total Glow Bronzing Body Gradual Tan Moisturizer
Filled with moisturizers to keep the skin nice and soft, Elemis Total Glow tanning lotion leaves the skin bright and well-hydrated. The tan you get is very subtle and even-looking, and the golden/bronze glow looks so natural no one will ever know it isn’t a “real” tan.
It contains Vegetan, an ingredient derived from wheat, which is why the tan looks so natural. It also absorbs very well into the skin, and it even enhances your complexion so you look like you did when you were young.
- Makes the skin super soft and glowing.
- Contains ingredients to make your tan look extremely natural.
- Filled with moisturizers to keep skin hydrated and supple.
- It dries quickly.
- It takes a few applications to achieve the desired shade.
How to Apply Gradual Tanning Lotion
The best way to use these products is to apply them to clean, dry skin, preferably after a shower and exfoliation. Use a circular motion to apply the product, and you can use a tanning mitt or your hands to apply it.
Most importantly, use the product only as directed, because while some gradual self-tanning products instruct you to shower after a certain amount of time, others want you to leave the product on for much longer. Great results only happen when you follow the manufacturer’s directions.
Please note that while some gradual tanning lotions are suitable for the body and face, others are intended for body use only.
FAQ About Gradual Self-Tanning Lotions
Q: How does a gradual self-tanner work?
Q: Can you use a gradual tan every day?
A: While regular tanners are usually used every two to three days, you can use a gradual tanning product daily until your skin gets to the shade you want it to be. Pay attention to the directions to make sure you don’t get too tan. Once you get to the color you like, you can switch to using the product three to four times per week.
Q: How long should you leave a gradual tan on for?
A: Most brands recommend leaving it on for 6 to 10 hours per day. To make it easy on yourself, you can apply it before bed and sleep with it on your skin.
Q: Do you wash a gradual tan off?
A: After wearing the product for 6 to 10 hours, you’ll need to wash it off by taking a shower, and don’t forget to moisturize afterward.
Q: How do you make a gradual tan work faster?
A: Different gradual self-tanning products work at different speeds, which means some may require six hours or more to get the color you want, and others may produce the same results in two to three hours. To make sure your tanning products work as fast as possible, always research them ahead of time and use the product only as directed.
Conclusion: Best Gradual Self-Tanning Lotions
Gradual self-tanning products are very popular, and with good reason, they are very easy to use and anyone can use them, even beginners and most importantly, the best gradual self-tanning lotions are streak-free and provide natural-looking tans.
If you research the brands and the manufacturers, you can easily find one that is right for you. Use as directed, and choose a gradual self-tanner that has moisturizing ingredients in it because otherwise, these products can dry out your skin and even cause irritation, which is something no one wants.
Hi, it’s Judy!