Many young people and even adults get acne, and one of the biggest enemies of acne is salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is a beta-hydroxy acid (BHA), which is an oil-soluble acid. Both BHA and alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) are exfoliators, but BHA does a much better job of penetrating the pores and getting out dirt and grime than AHA, simply because AHA is water-soluble. If you have body breakouts, it is time to try one of the best salicylic acid body washes.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Salicylic Acid Body Washes
- 1.1 Touch Keratosis Pilaris and Acne Exfoliating Body Wash
- 1.2 CeraVe Body Wash with Salicylic Acid
- 1.3 Murad Acne Body Wash
- 1.4 Epionce Purifying Wash
- 1.5 Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash with Salicylic Acid
- 1.6 Botanic Tree KP Glycolic Acid Body Wash
- 1.7 Peter Thomas Roth Salicylic Acid Acne Face and Body Wash
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 Conclusion
Best Salicylic Acid Body Washes
Touch Keratosis Pilaris and Acne Exfoliating Body Wash
This body wash also contains hyaluronic acid, Gotu Kola, aloe vera, and vitamin E that help moisturize the skin and protect it against irritation. It also includes a combination of humectants and surfactants to help the skin retain moisture. In addition, it has an optimal pH of 3.5 to allow the acids to work effectively.
Some of the things we like about this body wash by Touch include:
- Contains 2% salicylic acid and 15% glycolic to exfoliate and clear your skin
- Doesn’t contain harmful beads
- It reduces redness, dryness, and irritation
- Doesn’t contain parabens, dyes, phthalates, sulfates, or alcohols
CeraVe Body Wash with Salicylic Acid
It is paraben-free, non-comedogenic, and won’t dry or irritate the skin, so if you want something that softens the skin and gets rid of acne at the same time, this body wash is for you.
Besides the power of the salicylic acid, some of this product’s most beneficial features include:
- There are no microbeads to damage the skin
- It is fragrance-free
- It is non-comedogenic, which means that it won’t clog pores
- Can also be used on rough and bumpy skin
- It is gentle enough to be used every day
- Developed with dermatologists
Murad Acne Body Wash
Murad acne body wash is a gentle gel that clarifies and exfoliates the skin so that your skin looks and feels better after just the first use. Not only does it do a great job of getting rid of embarrassing acne, but its patented formula prevents acne from coming back in the future.
Some of the many benefits of using the Murad acne body wash include:
- It works great on the back, chest, and shoulder areas
- Great treatment for acne, blackheads, whiteheads
- It works without making the skin too dry or tight
- The salicylic acid and biodegradable beads exfoliate so that your skin is much smoother
- It is suitable for all skin types
- Also contains glycolic acid to remove dead skin cells
- It is free of phthalates, parabens, gluten, mineral oil, and petroleum
- It is never tested on animals
Epionce Purifying Wash
Made especially for oily, combination, and acne-prone skin, this wash is so gentle that you can use it every day and not experience any irritation or redness.
This purifying formula is enriched with salicylic acid to fight breakouts, coconut oil to moisturize and nourish the skin, and marshmallow extract and menthol to cool and soothe the skin.
You can use it on both the face and the body, and it even works well for people with severe acne. While it is a little pricey for some, most people agree that it’s worth it because of how well it works. This is simply a high-quality wash for people that have acne on their face, back, shoulders, or chest. Best of all, it works!
There are many perks to choosing Epionce Purifying Wash, but here are some of the main ones:
- Contains menthol to cool and calm the skin
- Reduces breakouts, acne blemishes, blackheads, and large pores
- Prevents acne from coming back in the future
- Is free of parabens and fragrance
- Contains marshmallow extract to prevent any inflammation from occurring
- Is gentle enough to use every day
- Formulated for both face and body
Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash with Salicylic Acid
With a name like Neutrogena, you know that you can’t go wrong. This body wash is clear and is made for all skin types, helping any skin that is prone to acne become noticeably clearer with fewer zits from day one.
Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash has a light pink grapefruit scent and is perfect for the back, chest, and shoulder area, which so many people suffer with. The salicylic acid, natural grapefruit extract, and vitamin C antioxidant lather up nicely and do a great job of unclogging pores and keeping the skin smooth.
Some of the biggest advantages to using this body wash include:
- Never leaves a residue behind so skin feels clean and soft
- Cuts right through oil so pores are thoroughly cleaned every time
- Never irritates the skin or leaves it red and itchy
- Is recommended by dermatologists
- Rinses clean to help skin feel refreshed
Botanic Tree KP Glycolic Acid Body Wash
If you have Keratosis Pilaris, you know how irritating and uncomfortable those red bumps can be, but this body wash, made by Botanic Tree, is here to help.
It is specially formulated to gently exfoliate dead skin cells and cause much fewer bumps and redness, all without making the skin tight and dry. In addition to natural salicylic acid, this body wash contains ingredients such as glycolic acid, tea tree, aloe vera, and lavender, ylang-ylang, among others, to keep skin smooth and soft as well as acne-free.
And take a look at some of the many perks associated with this body wash:
- Contains thyme, ylang ylang, willow, and other natural ingredients
- Is non-drying
- Removes all impurities from the skin
- Targets keratosis pilaris and acne
- Is free of dyes, phthalates, parabens, drying alcohols, and sulfates
- Is reasonably priced and affordable
- Suitable for all skin types
Peter Thomas Roth Salicylic Acid Acne Face and Body Wash
Made for all skin types and skin that is prone to acne, this ultra-gentle yet super-effective face and body wash from Peter Thomas Roth contains ingredients to help smooth the skin so that getting rid of the acne doesn’t cause dryness and irritation.
Formulated with 1% salicylic acid, glycolic acid, and ultra-fine jojoba beads, it not only clears up your breakouts but it prevents them from coming back in the future. Not only that, but you only need to use a very small amount of the product to get the job done.
The formula also contains aloe vera and allantoin to soothe and hydrate the skin.
Some of the many advantages to this brand of salicylic acid body wash include:
- Jojoba beads are super-soft and exfoliate the skin
- It is gentle enough to be used every day
- Reasonably priced
- It unclogs pores without drying them out
- It contains glycolic acid Complex to help reduce the discoloration and dullness
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What does salicylic acid do to skin?
Q: Can you use salicylic acid body wash every day?
A: When you first start using a product with salicylic acid in it, you should use it every other day for at least two weeks. After that, if you don’t notice any redness or irritation, you can switch to using it every day. This is especially important if your skin is sensitive, even if the product says that you can use it every day.
Q: Which is better for acne, salicylic acid, or benzoyl peroxide?
You can get prescriptions for products that are stronger and better than either of these ingredients, however, but if you’re going to buy something over the counter to get rid of your acne, these are a few rules to adhere to.
Hi, it’s Judy!