Even though we’ve all had our hair for our whole lives, it can still be difficult sometimes to figure out how to get it to do what we want! If you’re anything like us, you go through phases with different products, but always look for the next best thing.
Today, we’re reviewing a list of ride-or-die products that are perfect at giving your hair that little extra something it needs before blow-drying. Regardless of your hair’s texture or your styling concerns, there’s something on our list for everyone, so keep reading!
Table of Contents
- 1 Why are Pre-Blow-Drying Products Important?
- 2 Best Hair Products to Use Before Blow Drying
- 3 Final Thoughts
Why are Pre-Blow-Drying Products Important?
Even if you’re a low-maintenance kind of person who doesn’t style their hair very often, products used in tandem with blow-drying should still be an important part of your hair care routine.
So, without further ado, here’s our list of the best hair products to use before blow-drying.
Best Hair Products to Use Before Blow Drying
Kenra Platinum Blow-Dry Spray
Best for Low Maintenance
- Offers great heat protection to minimize breakage.
- Cuts drying time down by up to half to keep your hair healthy and save you time.
- Softens frizz for a smoother look.
- A little goes a long way.
- Smells great.
- Doesn’t offer other benefits like volumizing.
- Can leave a greasy residue if over-sprayed.
- Not recommended for thin hair types.
Joico K-PAK Color Therapy Luster Lock Glossing Oil
Best for Color-Treated Hair
Another favorite brand of salons, Joico has lines focused just on keeping color-treated hair healthy. That’s just what this K-PAK Color Therapy Luster Lock Glossing Oil is best at.
- The texture is smooth and light, not too heavy, to hydrate your color-treated hair well.
- Protects from heat damage by sealing hair follicles to repair and minimize new damage.
- Leaves your hair looking glossy, shiny, and healthy without being weighed down.
- Utilizes Argan oil to help maintain hair health even after use.
- Slightly expensive.
- Can tend to weigh down curly, wavy, or thinner hair.
Oribe Run-Through Detangling Primer
Best for Tangly Hair
- Detangling your hair after washing helps maintain the structural integrity of the hair shaft, making it easier for your hair to hold up under blow-drying with minimal damage.
- Great for all hair types, including color-treated or highly damaged hair.
- Boosts smoothness and shine while banishing frizziness.
- Vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free and phthalate-free.
- Is expensive for the product size.
- Smell fades quickly.
- Can make hair too limp for those that prefer some texture.
Style Stories Blow-Dry Cream
Best for Thin Hair
- Multitasks to bring you smoothness, ease of frizziness, volume, and heat protectant all in one.
- Helps cut down on drying time to further protect hair from heat damage.
- Volumizes without weighing hair down.
- Keeps hair from being stiff and imparts a nice, healthy bounce.
- Protects the hair from free radical damage.
- Expensive for the amount of product.
- Some reviewers claimed there were better products available at less expensive prices.
Klorane Sun Lightening Spray
Best for Lightening Hair
- Clean and natural formula that is easy on your hair, your nose, and the environment.
- Lack of harsh ingredients keeps your hair happy and healthy while working to lighten gently.
- Can be used with heat from a blow dryer or natural heat when hair is air-dried outside.
- Leaves hair with a nice, smooth texture.
- Although Klorane uses clean formulas, the brand is not cruelty free.
- The lightening from this product is more subtle than competitors, giving a honeyed result (You can pair this hair spray with a hair lightening shampoo to maximize the results).
Sage Styling Cream
Best for Curly Hair
- Unique, natural formulation with an amazing smell.
- The formula is light and doesn’t weigh down curls while smoothing.
- Offers heat protection to keep natural texture intact.
- The sage scent may not be for everyone.
- If the product comes into contact with some fabrics, it may stain them.
- How To Straighten Fine, Thin Hair
- Best Flat Iron & Hair Straightener For Fine Curly Hair
- Best Leave-in Conditioners for Damaged Hair
- Steam Hair Straighteners: Everything You Need to Know
- Best Hair-Lightening Shampoos to Brighten Your Hair Naturally
- Volumizing Hair Powders: 8 Important Things You Need to Know
- Best Flat Irons for Damaged Hair
Hi, it’s Judy!