If you are looking for the best at-home microdermabrasion machine, then you are probably already informed about the various skin conditions microdermabrasion can treat, in fact, it is an ideal treatment for sun spots and sun damage, wrinkles, pigmentation spots, stretch marks, acne scars, blackheads, and more.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best At Home Microdermabrasion Machine
- 2 Microdermabrasion Home Machines: General Information And Buyer's Guide
- 2.1 What Is Microdermabrasion?
- 2.2 How Does A Microdermabrasion Machine Work?
- 2.3 Why You Should Consider Having Your Own Microdermabrasion Machine At Home
- 2.4 Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- 2.5 Cost of Microdermabrasion (Professional Vs At Home)
- 2.6 Tips on How to Choose the Best Microdermabrasion Machine
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions about Microdermabrasion
- 3.1 What Is Microdermabrasion?
- 3.2 Is Microdermabrasion At Home Safe?
- 3.3 Does Microdermabrasion Hurt?
- 3.4 How Often Should I Do Microdermabrasion At-Home?
- 3.5 For How Long Do The Effects Of Microdermabrasion Last?
- 3.6 What Are The Possible Side Effects?
- 3.7 What Should I Do After Microdermabrasion?
- 3.8 Does Microdermabrasion Get Rid Of Blackheads?
- 4 Tips for Using Microdermabrasion Machines At Home
- 5 Final Thoughts
Best At Home Microdermabrasion Machine
Microderm GLO MINI
This dermatologist-recommended device is small, powerful, and incredibly easy to use, which makes it a great option for beginners.
It features four heads and two suction strengths, and is clinically proven to help rebuild elastin and collagen, decrease pores as well as reduce wrinkles depth.
- Microderm GLO MINI is handheld, small, and powerful, which makes it a great choice for at-home use and beginner-friendly
- It helps to reduce the appearance of acne scars, minimize pores, eliminate blackheads, and reduce wrinkles depth
- It is safe for all skin types
- Treatment sessions only take four minutes
- Features four diamond tips and 2 suction strengths
- Perfect for travel
PMD Personal Microderm Classic
This microdermabrasion tool is our favorite; it is a hand-held, lightweight, and easy to use machine that provides almost the similar excellent results you would have gotten from a microdermabrasion treatment expert.
Integrated into its system is a Patented Spinning Disc technology which has Perfectly Calibrated Vacuum Suction to guarantee your skin looks radiant and fresh.
This machine works by stimulating the production of collagen, consequently reducing the presence of wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, enlarged pores and hyperpigmentation.
- Enables you to customize your treatment to either your body or face and choosing your ideal cap accordingly
- The discs come in a broad range of colors from ultra-sensitive to mid-intensity, you can start by the finer discs, and gradually try the coarser ones so that you choose the best one for you
- Integrated into its design are patented spinning discs coated with crystals of aluminum oxide
- Has a perfectly attuned vacuum suction to increase circulation and boost collagen and elastin production, leaving your skin firm, radiant, and glowing with no dead skin
- The replacement discs are available online and at very affordable prices
Trophy Skin Microderm MD
Microderm MD is the best professional-grade diamond-tipped microdermabrasion machine, it is clinically proven by dermatologists to reduce the presence of blemishes, wrinkles and dark spots on your skin as well as smoothening your skin.
It is ideal for individuals with sensitive skins thanks to its feature the sensitive mode thereby allowing you to exfoliate gently.
Furthermore, Trophy Skin Microderm MD has a 60-day return period in case you find it not useful, but with its sensitive and auto modes which make it easy to use, we doubt that will be necessary.
We really like the medium sized built-in mirror, the different tips included, and the LCD screen that guides you during the treatments, which makes the machine very easy to use and beginner-friendly.
- The Trophy Skin Microderm MD has an Auto mode which is easy to use and perfect for beginners
- The LCD screen will take you through the whole treatment, you can select the area to be treated (chest, neck and face), and the power level
- Suitable for all skin types, and now with the sensitive mode, it is great for people with sensitive skin too
- Integrated into this machine is a 5X magnifying mirror. Therefore, you never have to lean over your counter to place the wand in the right spot on your face as you will be able to see both your neck and face easily using this mirror
- It has a Diamond Tip that is made with real diamonds, it lasts much longer than the synthetic diamond used by the other brands
- Features an infusion tip to enhance the penetration of skincare products deep into the skin
- Features 8 levels of suction
- A little expensive, however, keep in mind that this professional grade machine is far more cost effective than the multiple visits to the dermatologist office
- It is mains-powered, but this means that you’ll have consistent power throughout the entire use
Trophy Skin MiniMD
- Ideal for all skin types
- It is easy to use
- Lightweight and portable
- Features 2 suction levels
- It reduces dark spots and acne scars, and minimizes the signs of aging
- It exfoliates your skin with original diamonds
- Ergonomic and aesthetically pleasing design
- Comes with 2 months money-back guarantee
- Mains powered
- Has one tip, you can buy other heads separately
Neutrogena Microdermabrasion Starter Kit
Use it three times a week to achieve the best results.
- It features 12 rejuvenation single-use puffs as well as microdermabrasion applicator
- The single-use puffs have pre-dosed with mild purifiers and ultra-fine crystals to deliver the ideal degree of gentle exfoliation to expose your luminous skin
- It makes use of micro-vibrations to increase skin renewal consequently resulting in skin that looks brighter, healthier and firmer
- It is easy to use and affordable.
- Does not clean as effectively as the other microdermabrasion machines
- The use of this item results sometimes in breakouts and skin irritation.
Microdermabrasion Home Machines: General Information And Buyer's Guide
What Is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is generally a safe procedure, provided that you keenly read and follow the manufacturer’s guidelines and instructions that come with the device.
How Does A Microdermabrasion Machine Work?
The microdermabrasion machine has two functions, first, it scrubs away the dead skin cells thanks to the built-in exfoliating tips, and then it sucks up the dead skin cells and debris.
This technique is less aggressive compared to dermabrasion, meaning that you don’t need to use numbing medicine before using it.
The session typically lasts for about 30 minutes; once you are done, your skin will turn pink and also feel tight and dry for about one day. You are advised to use a suitable moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated during that period.
Some microdermabrasion machines, like the microderm Md, come with an infusion tip to ensure the proper absorption of skincare products into the skin after the procedure.
Why You Should Consider Having Your Own Microdermabrasion Machine At Home
It Helps To Save Cost
The first reason why you should consider having your own microdermabrasion machine at home is to save your hard-earned money.
If you compare the cost of visiting a skin specialist to conduct this procedure versus buying your own machine, you will quickly realize that you will save a lot of money in the long run.
So, if you want to have beautiful, young-looking skin all the time without spending too much money, then buying a microdermabrasion machine is indeed a wise idea.
It Gives You The Convenience That You Need
The increased cost of living has forced people to spend more time at work. If you have a hectic schedule, then purchasing a microdermabrasion machine is a good move. It will give you the convenience and flexibility that you need.
You can perform this cosmetic procedure at your preferred time, including in the middle of the night.
Sometimes you may try to book for an appointment but find out that it is fully booked. To avoid such inconveniences, it is better to buy your microdermabrasion machine and perform this procedure in the comfort of your own home and at your preferred time.
Freedom to Do What You Want
You don’t need to worry about hygiene since you know that you are the only one using the device, you can clean it yourself and ensure buying new accessories whenever needed.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- It helps to eliminate fine lines scars and wrinkles.
- It helps to reduce enlarged pores and clear clogged pores.
- It helps to get rid of blackheads.
- It helps to reduce brown spots, age spots, acne scars, and hyperpigmentation.
- It helps to eliminate sun damage.
- It helps to treat uneven skin tone and texture.
- It helps to improve the appearance of a dull-looking skin complexion.
- It helps improve blood circulation, thus stimulating collagen and elastin production, which increases skin elasticity.
- It helps increase skincare products absorption by up to 50%.
- It helps fight acne formation.
Cost of Microdermabrasion (Professional Vs At Home)
Professional vs. at home, which option should I choose?
This is a popular question asked by many people who want to use this procedure to improve the condition of their skin. Both options have their pros and cons.
However, if you focus on cost, then at home, it is more cost-effective than visiting a specialist.
The average cost of visiting a specialist to conduct this procedure in the United States is about $150 per session.
The price may go up depending on your geographic location and the fee that the specialist chooses to charge you for the procedure.
Remember that microdermabrasion is a cosmetic procedure hence not covered by the medical insurance. On the other hand, the average price of a microdermabrasion machine is about $200. If you buy this machine, then you will save a lot of money because it is a one-time investment.
Tips on How to Choose the Best Microdermabrasion Machine
Consider Suction Power
This is a very important factor that you need to factor in when selecting a microdermabrasion machine. There are many microdermabrasion brands on the market, and their suction also differs.
Buying a device with a strong suction power may damage your skin; on the other hand too weak suction won’t give you good results. So, if you want to obtain quality results from this machine, then you are advised to choose one that features at least two suction strengths so that you can choose the right one for you.
Consider the Tip Material
Microdermabrasion machine tip materials are available in two options, they include crystal tip and diamond tip, and both of them have their pros and cons.
The effectiveness of the procedure (especially the exfoliation) depends strongly on the quality of the tip, so, whether you choose the crystal tip or the diamond tip, it needs to be of high quality.
Note that all tips have a lifespan and will have to be replaced after a period of use, the lifespan depends on the initial quality and how you take care of them.
You, of course, don’t want to buy a machine that only lasts for a month before it breaks down. That is why it is essential to consider the robustness of the machine.
Vital factors to look out for when considering robustness include the quality of material used and customer reviews and ratings. Only choose a microdermabrasion machine that is made of the quality and sturdy materials.
Also, read customer reviews and ratings to know what previous customers who have used this machine are saying about its performance and durability. If past customers are happy with the machine, then you should consider buying it.
However, if they are not satisfied, then you should avoid it because the chances are that you will also get disappointed.
Consider Accessories Attached
Each microdermabrasion kit comes with its accessories. These accessories include things like filters, replacement tips, a travel case, instruction manual, and more.
You need to choose a machine that has easy to use accessories.
Additionally, the accessories should be available at various online stores just in case you lose or misplace some of the accessories.
User-friendliness is an important factor to consider when you want to buy a microdermabrasion machine, its usage instructions must be simple and easy to understand.
The device should be lightweight so it can be easily maneuvered during treatments.
Consider Price and Warranty
This is a significant factor that most people usually overlook when buying this critical equipment. Price is important because you cannot buy a microdermabrasion machine that you cannot afford. It is essential first to conduct your research, then choose a device that is within your financial reach.
Warranty is also a crucial factor to consider when buying this equipment. A warranty is a form of assurance that manufacturers give to consumers to assure that they are buying a quality product that has met the standards which have been set.
If you want to be on the safe side, then it is advised that you buy a microdermabrasion machine that has at least a one-year warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions about Microdermabrasion
What Is Microdermabrasion?
Is Microdermabrasion At Home Safe?
Does Microdermabrasion Hurt?
No, microdermabrasion does not hurt. It is a 100% pain-free procedure. This cosmetic procedure is less aggressive than dermabrasion, meaning that you don’t need a numbing medicine to ease the pain.
This procedure only focuses on removing dead skin cells on the top layer of the skin, a factor that makes the process pain free.
How Often Should I Do Microdermabrasion At-Home?
It depends on your skin condition; however, skin experts recommend that this cosmetic procedure should be done once every week for the first two months.
Once you have achieved the desired results, then you can reduce the frequency to every few weeks or once a month.
For How Long Do The Effects Of Microdermabrasion Last?
What Are The Possible Side Effects?
First, before you list possible side effects of microdermabrasion, it is essential to state that this procedure is 100% safe if the correct procedure is followed.
Some possible side effect includes skin swelling, burning sensation on the skin, bruising, and increased skin sensitivity.
What Should I Do After Microdermabrasion?
After microdermabrasion, your skin will turn pinkish. It is will also feel tight and dry for about 24 hours.
During that period, you should drink plenty of water and, if possible, stay indoors to avoid exposing your skin to direct sunlight, if you need to go outside, then use a sunscreen with high SPF.
You should also use a moisturizer to keep your skin well hydrated.
Does Microdermabrasion Get Rid Of Blackheads?
Tips for Using Microdermabrasion Machines At Home
Buy Quality Microdermabrasion Machine
The first thing that you need to do if you want to conduct this procedure at home is purchasing a high-quality microdermabrasion machine.
A high-quality machine will not only ensure that this cosmetic procedure is performed fast and safely but will also ensure that it serves you for long.
Remove All Your Makeup
Conduct The Procedure In A Clean Place
Follow The Directions Given
Hi, it’s Judy!