Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) is one of the most effective natural ingredients that is able to treat a variety of skin conditions. AHA body washes, in particular, are very effective in clearing clogged pores by getting rid of dead skin cells and impurities, while promoting collagen production, improving skin tone and texture, and treating wrinkles, pigmentation, acne, keratosis pilaris, and more.
The most common type of AHA, which is also widely used in body washes, is glycolic acid, as it has the ability to penetrate deeply and easily into the skin and work more effectively.
Table of Contents
- 1 AHA Body Washes - Top 3 Editor's Picks
- 2 Best AHA Body Washes
- 2.1 Best Overall: Glytone Exfoliating Body Wash with Glycolic Acid
- 2.2 Best Natural Body Wash: Mario Badescu AHA Botanical Body Soap
- 2.3 Best AHA/BHA Body Wash: Touch Keratosis Pilaris and Acne Exfoliating Body Wash Cleanser
- 2.4 Best Body Scrub: DERMAdoctor KP Duty Body Scrub Exfoliant
- 2.5 Best for Acne: Murad Acne Body Wash Gel with Salicylic Acid
- 2.6 Best Scent: ReTone Keratosis Pilaris Exfoliating Body Cleanser Wash
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions - AHA Body Washes
- 4 Conclusion: AHA Body Washes
AHA Body Washes - Top 3 Editor's Picks
- 8.8% glycolic acid
- Suitable for all skin types
- Naturally-derived AHAs
- Smells great
- 15% glycolic acid & 2% salicylic acid
- Contains Aloe Vera, and vitamin E
- Rich lathering body wash
Best AHA Body Washes
Best Overall: Glytone Exfoliating Body Wash with Glycolic Acid
This amazing body wash contains a high concentration of glycolic acid, which gently exfoliates dead skin cells, revealing revitalized, silky, and radiant skin.
To effectively use this glycolic acid body wash, gently rub your entire body, with emphasis on the drier and rougher areas. Rinse thoroughly.
- Contains 8.8% glycolic acid.
- It is ideal for treating keratosis pilaris, ingrown hair, uneven skin tone, and body acne.
- Very effective in eliminating rough and bumpy patches.
- Helps to minimize bumps and redness.
- It exfoliates dead skin cells.
- Recommended by dermatologists.
- A little goes a long way.
- It only takes a few uses to notice amazing results.
Best Natural Body Wash: Mario Badescu AHA Botanical Body Soap
The Mario Badescu AHA Botanical Body Soap is enriched with a blend of naturally-derived Alpha hydroxy acids, ginseng, oat protein, and linden. Every time you use it, it will refresh, revitalize, and thoroughly cleanse and exfoliate your skin.
Alpha-hydroxy acids naturally derived from grapefruit help get rid of dead skin cells so your skin looks brighter and rejuvenated. Ginseng and Linden will help heal dry, damaged, or aging skin, while oat protein will soothe and calm irritated areas.
This Botanical Body Soap is ideal for all skin types, including oily skin, dry skin, troubled skin, and dull skin. All the ingredients that it contains have been clinically tested and proven to be very effective. They also give quality and long-term results.
Use this body wash daily on your entire body using a soft cloth, loofah, or sponge.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- It rejuvenates your skin by removing all dead skin cells.
- It leaves your skin softer, brighter, and smoother.
- Contains powerful ingredients that have been tested and proven to work.
- Enriched with fresh fruit enzymes.
- Among the best-selling body washes.
- Nice smell.
- Easy to use.
- The consistency is a little watery.
Best AHA/BHA Body Wash: Touch Keratosis Pilaris and Acne Exfoliating Body Wash Cleanser
Touch Keratosis Pilaris and Acne Exfoliating Body Wash has been carefully formulated through extensive research from a reputable and FDA-registered lab. It is made with 15% glycolic acid and 2% salicylic acid, which are very effective in removing oil and dead skin cells both from deep within pores, as well as treating keratosis pilaris and acne.
This body wash also contains Gotu Kola, Aloe Vera, and vitamin E, which help to protect your skin against irritation. It also includes a blend of humectants and surfactants that provide deep cleansing without over-drying your skin.
The hyaluronic acid that it contains helps to boost the skin’s moisture content and reduce moisture loss, giving your skin a smooth, supple feel.
The Touch Keratosis Pilaris and Acne Exfoliating Body Wash is very effective in treating a wide range of skin conditions, including keratosis pilaris, body acne, uneven skin tone, hyperpigmentation, dull skin, and more.
- It contains 15% glycolic and 2% salicylic acids that exfoliate and clear your skin.
- It reduces redness, dryness, and irritation.
- All ingredients have been clinically tested and proven to give quality results.
- 100% money-back guarantee.
- Low PH for effective exfoliation.
- It takes a few weeks before you see good results.
Best Body Scrub: DERMAdoctor KP Duty Body Scrub Exfoliant
Formulated by a dermatologist, DERMAdoctor KP Duty Body Scrub provides the benefits of both a chemical peel and a physical scrub. It quickly sweeps away dry, rough bumps, revealing softer, smoother, healthier-looking skin.
This powerful body exfoliator protects and replenishes the skin thanks to a patented blend of AHAs, PHAs, and BHAs, as well as eight ceramides and soothing botanicals. It helps restore the appearance of dry, rough, uneven skin and keratosis pilaris.
- Contains 10% AHAs and PHAs.
- Contains ceramides to prevent transepidermal water loss and strengthen the skin barrier.
- Offers the benefits of both a chemical peel and a physical scrub.
- Moisturizes the skin.
- Created by a dermatologist.
- Easy to use.
- Certified cruelty-free.
- Some users complained about the smell.
Best for Acne: Murad Acne Body Wash Gel with Salicylic Acid
The Murad Acne Body Wash Gel with Salicylic Acid is a refreshing body wash gel designed to treat and prevent body breakouts on the shoulders, back, and chest without drying out or irritating your skin. It has glycolic acid and salicylic acid, which work together to get deep into your pores and clear up acne and stop future breakouts from forming.
This patented salicylic acid body wash also contains date seed powder that helps to gently exfoliate to remove oil, impurities, and dead skin cells; humectants that retain moisture and prevent moisture loss from the skin to keep your skin smooth and hydrated, as well as licorice root extracts and green tea that help soothe skin inflammation.
If you are looking for a body wash gel that helps get rid of stubborn acne and exfoliates your skin, leaving it bright, smooth, and radiant, then Murad Acne Body Wash Gel is an excellent choice for you.
Massage gently into wet skin and rinse.
- Contains 1% salicylic acid, that clears and prevents breakouts, balances and exfoliates the skin.
- Contains clinically tested and proven ingredients.
- Easy to use.
- Some complained that it didn’t work for them.
Best Scent: ReTone Keratosis Pilaris Exfoliating Body Cleanser Wash
The Glycolic Acid in the formula gives your skin a gentle exfoliation and works to clear out your pores. This makes your skin look smooth and allows the moisturizers that follow work better by penetrating your skin deeply and evenly.
ReTone Keratosis Pilaris Exfoliating Body Cleanser Wash is an excellent choice for anyone who wants to get rid of body acne or keratosis pilaris while achieving a brighter, softer, younger, and healthier complexion.
To achieve the best results, use a loofah or a sponge to gently massage ReTone Exfoliating Cleanser all over your body. Wash off thoroughly with water.
- Contains glycolic acid.
- Great for body acne and keratosis pilaris.
- It reduces irritation.
- Contains clinically proven ingredients.
- Easy to use.
- Smells good.
- Paraben and phthalate free.
Frequently Asked Questions - AHA Body Washes
What are AHAs?
Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) are a class of acids originating from plants and animals and are used in a wide range of over-the-counter skincare products, including serums, lotions, toners, cleansers, and face creams, as well as more intensive treatments such as chemical peels.
What does AHA body wash do?
How often should you use AHA body washes?
Conclusion: AHA Body Washes
In conclusion, if you are looking for the best AHA (Glycolic acid) body wash that will help revitalize your skin, then look no further than the list that we have provided above. All the body washes that we have listed have been clinically tested and proven to give excellent results; they are also affordable and have excellent customer reviews and ratings.
Keep in mind, though, that you shouldn’t use any products with AHA if you have sensitive skin, a condition like eczema, or if you’ve just had a very intense treatment on your body, like microneedling or laser.
Hi, it’s Judy!